Bad winter on the way ?

oneshotkiller

Heard on the radio today that we could according to experts be in for a winter akin to the 47 which was the harshest the uk's had :yes:

Any body agree/disagree ?

I know that if their is supposed to be a bumper haul of fruit and berries the winters gonna be a bad one but can they really predict how bad it will get :yes:

Have log stores full.

Freezers full.

Several boxes of cartridges always in stock.

3 big jumpers.

Bring it on...

I have been processing bunnys for pies and burgers , also half a deer in the freezer , plus other assorted goodies :yes:

3 jerry cans of diesel

Plenty of coal , been buying two bags a week through the summer

Think i'll manage ok too :yes:

Heard on the radio today that we could according to experts be in for a winter akin to the 47 which was the harshest the uk's had :yes:

Any body agree/disagree ?

I know that if their is supposed to be a bumper haul of fruit and berries the winters gonna be a bad one but can they really predict how bad it will get :yes:

Can't be worse than the ice age?

Don't forget the "experts" predicted a "barbecue Summer" this year, and they got that wrong, (yet again). :yes:

Cat.

It was in the news the other day.

Turns out the idea of increased solar activity means it's a cold summer and decreased is a hot summer :yes: They think they'll get it right from now on.

I think they keep predicting something as sooner or later, by coincidence alone, they may get it right :yes::yes:

I'm not taking chances , i'll be putting the snow tyres on at the first hint of snow and i'm keeping more of what i shoot or ferret this year instead of giving it away , always nice to have a bit of game away incase it gets that bad were snowed in for a while :lol:

The farmer i am working for at the moment said this year is exactly the same as that of 87,what ever that means,can anyone remember winter 87 :yes:

Just about mate was the year my grandad passed away , i remember my dad borrowing a 4x4 off a bloke in the village to get us to their cottage out in the sticks :yes:

quote Vampire

"The farmer i am working for at the moment said this year is exactly the same as that of 87,what ever that means,can anyone remember winter 87 "

I remember the winter of 1987 very clearly. It was a pretty bad one that they compared to the one in 1946 (too far back for me boys) :yes:

This might help:-

Pushkin :yes::lol: