Blank 12g Cartridges

I vaguely remember watching a gundog demonstration where the handler was sat in a hide with his dog and every time he fired his gun in to the air feathers came out.

Now am I being thick or do blank cartridges for this type of thing exist or had he maybe loaded his own cartridges for his display?

I think some blanks would help me with aspects of my dogs training.

Cheers

Rob

Edited by robc89

I vaguely remember watching a gundog demonstration where the handler was sat in a hide with his dog and every time he fired his gun in to the air feathers came out.

Now am I being thick or do blank cartridges for this type of thing exist or had he maybe loaded his own cartridges for his display?

I think some blanks would help me with aspects of my dogs training.

Cheers

Rob

you can get them henry kranks does them

my father has some 12g blanks that are used to start one of his tractors when it's cold, haven't fired any tho, he wo n't let me :hmm:

YOU ARE JOKING?

They are special cartridges for starting diesel engines in the cold, or aircraft engines! Marshall Tractors need them so do Chipmunk aircraft with a Coffman cartridge starter. Remember the film 'Flight of the Phoenix'?

They are not blanks! They should have a metal cap on the end to protect the exposed cordite pellet. Each one contains a small amount of blackpowder 'quickmatch' next to the flash-hole of the primer, then several small pellets of cordite and then a large cylinder of cordite. All in all about 15 grams of nitro! (A standard 12 gauge shell has about 1.3 grams of nitro!) They will not go 'bang!' They could melt your gun barrel!

Edited by Floating Chamber

YOU ARE JOKING?

They are special cartridges for starting diesel engines in the cold, or aircraft engines! Marshall Tractors need them so do Chipmunk aircraft with a Coffman cartridge starter. Remember the film 'Flight of the Phoenix'?

They are not blanks! They should have a metal cap on the end to protect the exposed cordite pellet. Each one contains a small amount of blackpowder 'quickmatch' next to the flash-hole of the primer, then several small pellets of cordite and then a large cylinder of cordite. All in all about 15 grams of nitro! (A standard 12 gauge shell has about 1.3 grams of nitro!) They will not go 'bang!' They could melt your gun barrel!

Thank **** someone replyed to this post ( well done FC :rolleyes: )

I was talking to someone in the trade about engine starters only last week, and how the paper case would act as a glow plug.

Shotgun Cartridges for shotguns! :hmm:

Engine starters for engines! :hmm:

Paladin

YOU ARE JOKING?

Glad i didn't put any through my new gun then, Phew! he's got an old series 3 field marshall, the first tractor he ever bought and restored, piston as big as your head, 2 stroke diesel.

YOU ARE JOKING?

I remember as a lad :whistling: Chipmunk aircraft used them - but from what I can remember they were bigger than 12g & brass cases :hmm: