New Forum Mod

poontang

Ok, so if you had the chance to appoint a new forum moderator who would you choose?

Obviously the 'candidate' would have to be able to take a neutral view on most topics, be fairly intelligent, literate and have a sense of humour. Oh, and obviously they'd have to be hetero :yes:

I reckon either Mungler, Mr.Potter, Chard or MM would make suitable candidates.

For a laugh I'd plump for either MC, Kdubya or peter-peter :lol:

What say you lot :hmm:

Ah thanks dude, but you do know what im like in person dont you?

hillbillygrandpa.jpg:lol: :lol:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me an anti...what a total load of ******** :lol::lol:

You couldnt be further from the truth..which just illustrates my point below. :lol:

I think some of the original members we had who have drifted away would have been fine Moderators.....Mad Springer and Pieman come to mind

Sadly the forum is a victim of its own success and is generally choked up these days with a multitude of members who seem to want to just Kill anything that moves, moan about society in general and vilify anyone who doesnt share their views... :yes:

Things aint like the good old days... :no:

Anyone who has PM'd me for help or advice in the past knows only too well that if its within my power I will help in anyway I can.. Even people who dont necessarily like me. :lol:

Edited by Fisherman Mike

You couldnt be further from the truth..which just illustrates my point below. :lol:

I think some of the original members we had who have drifted away would have been fine Moderators.....Mad Springer and Pieman come to mind

Sadly the forum is a victim of its own success and is generally choked up these days with a multitude of members who seem to want to just Kill anything that moves, moan about society in general and vilify anyone who doesnt share their views... :yes:

Anyone who has PM'd me for help or advise in the past knows only too well that if its within my power I will help in anyway I can.. Even people who dont necessarily like me. :lol:

Never a truer word spoken

Pick the one who can take some large red vermin with an air rifle at the longest extended range, (anything over 700 yards is a good start)....and perhaps has a "special" licence from the local council to do so :hmm::rolleyes:

Failing that get a lady mod (and I don't mean Mrs Sweepy on a Lambretta!)...... but then again :hmm:

Edited by malkiserow

Pigeon watch is that what its all about I thought it was strange I wast shooting them .

Its looks like I maybe in the group of kill anything that moves I didnt know we was only meant to pigeon watch not pigeon shoot.

Cheers OTH

clear-english.jpg

I was thinking something very similar the other day.

It is very easy to look back to the past with rose tinted spectacles but I've been on here for quite a while now and from a young age. I probably asked some pretty basic and moronic questions when I was 12 years old such as 'best air rifle?' but back then the overall culture of the forum was far less in your face. There seemed far less of a tendency to beat down a poster with two pages of posts making them feel 6 inches tall if they asked what appears to be a silly, simple question or one that could be solved with the search function by some know it all trying to make a name for themselves.

I couldn't have felt more welcome than I did when I joined and the amount of help, advice, PM's and hand on experience and days out I have gained from countless kind members over the years symbolyses everything that this forum was about.

I still feel that this element of Pigeon Watch remains, if somewhat diluted. Maybe with the forum multiplying many times in size the smaller 'community spirit' will cease to exist but that may well be a sign of 'progress' as the forum naturally grows and it's not my place to say that it is wrong. Especially as the bill is paid by our sponsors which have no doubt been attracted by the ever increasing membership base.

HOWEVER, despite all that, I still believe this is one of the best forums out there and I'll certainly be around for a while yet! :yes:

FM :)

Anyone who has PM'd me for help or advice in the past knows only too well that if its within my power I will help in anyway I can.. Even people who dont necessarily like me. :lol:

Had you down as a bit of a lefty but never an anti,

broad shoulders Mike

:D