Funniest E-bay Ad I have ever seen!

triscrx

Wonderful!

Having just sold a 37 year old Land Rover on "the bay" I can empathise with several of his comments! I wasn't scammed but was offered some amazing tat in part exchange and asked some questions which proved that reading and understanding is a lost art to many.

He's pretty much on the money.

Anyone thinking about selling a car on eBay may want to "cut and paste" that advert for the future - just change the make, model and price of the car you are thinking of selling.

I flogged a 5 series estate on ebay once - it was actually bought for a fair amount of money by an old boy from miles away. He phoned me up, we had a chat - he didn't even come and see the car, but he still bid on it, won it and turned up the next day and paid cash for it. He said I sounded trustworthy on the telephone! As it happened the car was perfect and so no moral dilemas there...

Anyhoos, the amount of "Will you swap for a Rover 75 located in Tottenham" or "My uncles brother would like this but would first like to try it for the weekend" messages were an eye opener.

ebay works well for flogging cars, I usually sell them outside auctions but my last fourtrak I let run, made ok money as it did need a bit of work. The girl turned up with her bloke who then decided that was the price to start bartering from in the end I let them have £50 off but had felt like letting them drive all the way back funnily enough oop north without it. Only consolation was her bloke who was a bit of a ladies front bottom drove it back, I went out and missed a load of calls turned out he couldn't get the diesel cap open. Oh how I laughed there was a bit of a knack to it but not overly difficult

Ok it's years ago but my brother put an advent in the local paper for his Ford Anglia £35.

Two guys rolled up and started to examine it, making a long list of all the faults trying to knock the price down. My brother simply turned to them and said,"that's why I'm selling it for £35" :lol: They brought it.

I sold a car once, as per normal added a bit on - to be knocked off. A good lad rolled up with his dad and wanted it, his dad whispered to the lad "try and knock him down a bit" but the lad was too shy - so I started down bidding my own car with his dad until it got to a fair price.

Haha that was a good read. :lol: I sold my parents caravan on ebay, it was up for around 11k best offer... Anyway i looked through the offers one morning and someone had offered £3500 and a p reg rover metro with no mot. Made me chuckle :lol:

Tom

After x3 wet summers and x3 wet weeks the year before last, towing my old caravan (real ***** box)through floods I gave up. I gave it away - had enough :/

Great ad.

Ok it's years ago but my brother put an advent in the local paper for his Ford Anglia £35.

Two guys rolled up and started to examine it, making a long list of all the faults trying to knock the price down. My brother simply turned to them and said,"that's why I'm selling it for £35" :lol: They brought it.

I sold a car once, as per normal added a bit on - to be knocked off. A good lad rolled up with his dad and wanted it, his dad whispered to the lad "try and knock him down a bit" but the lad was too shy - so I started down bidding my own car with his dad until it got to a fair price.

I had the same with an old nova (for sale for £60) which had knackered brakes (didn't they always) guy warmed it all up checked the fan was working, checked the oil for signs of water and declared that he thought the head gasket had gone. i knew it hadn't and he wanted it cheaper and just said well its £65 take it or leave it. The nutter bought it and drove it home with no brakes.

Dan

Great ad.

I had the same with an old nova (for sale for £60) which had knackered brakes (didn't they always) guy warmed it all up checked the fan was working, checked the oil for signs of water and declared that he thought the head gasket had gone. i knew it hadn't and he wanted it cheaper and just said well its £65 take it or leave it. The nutter bought it and drove it home with no brakes.

Dan

Yep the same with the old Anglia, guys got too close checking the engine - axle - gearbox but failed to notice - poor old bus had 'Parkinsons disease' driving along. My brother could cope with that but when he was sitting in it one day and our kitten jumped onto his lap - with the doors and windows closed, he realized the bodywork needed some attention,so he sold it for £35 - mutt brought it.

Best one was his first car a 'spilt screen Morris minor' all going well untill he took into a body shop and the guys rolled on the floor laughing, amused asked if he could join in the joke. They told him they had welded two halfs together to make it - not front and back but 'left & right' for a laugh with a red seat one side and a red the other. Fed up with being the butt of jokes sold it to a 'mate' big guy at work, but as we went home one night we saw this guy very low looking out of the window, odd - then we noticed he as sitting on the carpark floor. The seat pan had rusted through - took some talking out of that one. Next he brought a Mini reg '85 JAB' prevoiusly owned by druggies, got stopped by the drug squad driving into London. All true stories.

Brilliant ad!

And to add a story - sold a computer, my auction said I'd do cash on delivery up to 25 miles form home.

Guy in Manchester gave me bad FB when I declined to deliver - Item stated as being in London. Idiot.