1. 1. What is your favourite cask ale?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adnams Broadside

Greene King Abbott Ale

Theakstens Old Peculiar

Although the amount of alcohol I got outside of on Saturday :drinks: I am giving it a big rest for a while :no::no:

I still feel rough today (wednesday) cant face the thought of any food and just want to sleep.

Port is a funny old drink :unsure: :exclamation:???

Blimey...

Tring Brewery Tours

Tring Brewery Tours provide you with a great opportunity to discover just how we brew our award winning ales. The tours usually take place on a Thursday evening and require pre-booking. We can cater for parties between 15 - 50 people.

Tours commence at 7.00pm and typically end around 10.30pm, during which time you will be given a full tour of the brewery to learn about the brewing process. The "bar" will be open for sampling before and after the tour and also provides a focal point for a fish and chip supper (vegetarian options available), all for £17.50 per head.

PLEASE NOTE WE ARE ALMOST BOOKED FOR 2011!!!...HOWEVER WE MAY BEGIN OFFERING ADDITIONAL TOURS ON AN ALTERNATIVE WEEKDAY.

PLEASE DROP US A LINE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.

AFAIK the nearest tube for the Fullers one is Parsons Green... which is walking distance.

As for Tring... there is a mainline station (Tring).. but it's about a 1.5 mile walk / cab ride from the Brewery....

If we can get an idea of numbers for the Tring one I'll try and organise it?

Here's the detail..

The tours usually take place on a Thursday evening and require pre-booking. We can cater for parties between 15 - 50 people.

Tours commence at 7.00pm and typically end around 10.30pm, during which time you will be given a full tour of the brewery to learn about the brewing process. The "bar" will be open for sampling before and after the tour and also provides a focal point for a fish and chip supper (vegetarian options available), all for £17.50 per head.

AFAIK the nearest tube for the Fullers one is Parsons Green... which is walking distance.

As for Tring... there is a mainline station (Tring).. but it's about a 1.5 mile walk / cab ride from the Brewery....

If we can get an idea of numbers for the Tring one I'll try and organise it?

Here's the detail..

Turnham Green or Stamford Brook are the easiest. Both on the District Line.

I'd be well up for some cheeky beer tasting fun - Fullers would be a winner for me. Tring would be a chuckle, but the trains going back to Euston at 10.30 are an hour apart and a 50 mins journey. Add the journey back to sunny Essex and it's a bit much for a school night.

Just to throw another into the ring - Howsabout the Meantime brewery in Greenwich or the Youngs brewery in Wandsworth??

Edited by Fatcatsplat

I did the transpennine real ale train tour featured in the Oz and James drink to Britian tv programme last saturday. Much better than a brewery tour. Mind you i can't remember getting home let remember what the ale tasted like.Has anyone else done this tour?