Northern Ireland firearms

scooby -doo

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news , my fao rang me today to say my certificate has been approved and i should get it by next monday ! almost 9 month i had to wait, my dad waited the same length of time 20years ago for a .22mag in the high of the troubles ! so roll on monday :) :)

Good news Barry!! Just in time for lambing. I certainly hope mine won't take 9 months.

for control of foxes dancake , i have a mod on my permit but will leave it 2 later in year and get the threaded and get a good 1 ! rounds are around £1.40 . im going make my own soon i hope they will be a third less or more i hope !

Theres an article in the latest sporting rifle about heads fr reloading the .204

Ive a variation being posted on Monday so be interesting to see how quick its back to me.Anyone else sending a re-grant,variation,etc should also post to see how long it takes so we can see how much(if any) the process is now taking.

Cover letter through the door this morning,be interesting to see how long the FAC takes(assuming they grant the variation that is)

I heard from a gun dealer that they are speeding up the paper work now and to be honest I had my variation bk within 6 wks. They did send the receipt and cert bk the same day.. I wouldn't mind payin a few extra quid if they sorted things out a bit quicker..

well lads hows this for service,,,,posted my renewal last tuesday 1st class recorded,,, mine was up on the 29th march and id forgotten to send it sooner so was quite ready for a knock and guns taken in till approval sorted,,, but was home as postman came today and hey ho new licence back today...less than a week!!!!!! praise where its due me thinks

could t be that we now have a proper run firearms dept.......

Edited by millrace

Judging by what I hear you could maybe expect your licence back tomorrow or monday. Getting to the stage where we won't need cover letters lol

Well I am in for a variation for centrefire; therefore I would expect my FEO to be calling first for an interview and also to check my land (although I'm not sure they always check the land).

Well I am in for a variation for centrefire; therefore I would expect my FEO to be calling first for an interview and also to check my land (although I'm not sure they always check the land).

Would your FEO have to do a separate interview for centrefire? A mate of mine was recently asked to produce an ordnance survey map of his proposed permission due to it being in the ar$ehole of nowhere