Northern Ireland firearms

scooby -doo

Just wondering if anybody is waiting on there permit from them , ive been waiting as 8 and half months for my renewal and a variation for a rifle to be added aswell , its a bit frustrating after finding out that two of my mates have got theres back in no time at all , 1 had applied for a .22mag and got it back in 7 weeks , the other added another shotgun to his and recieved it in 11days!! what is going on!!

Edited by scooby -doo

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering if anybody is waiting on there permit from them , ive been waiting as 8 and half months for my renewal and a variation for a rifle to be added aswell , its a bit frustrating after finding out that two of my mates have got theres back in no time at all , 1 had applied for a .22mag and got it back in 7 weeks , the other added another shotgun to his and recieved it in 11days!! what is going on!!

Just seems the norm with the PSNI mate,I had a re-grant turned around in 2 months my mates took 12 months!!.

Sometimes it does no harm to contact them and ask what status your FAC is currently at,contact firearms direct.

ATB

off topic a bit but have any of you heard that the psni are putting the fee up on the FAC 1 gun dealer has said its going up to £150 another told me £100 and £80 for a variation dont know if its true or not but mayabe sum truth in it if the gundealers are talking about it

There's been talk of this for a few years now,the most I heard was £200 for a grant/re-grant.Cant possibly see how they can justify this price increase with the length of time it takes to process them at the minute.

If they were turning them around in 14-28 days then it might be fair enough to increase the fee,but would like to see 1 on 1off for any calibre you hold just not shotguns again theres been some talk from various RFD's about this happening.

off topic a bit but have any of you heard that the psni are putting the fee up on the FAC 1 gun dealer has said its going up to £150 another told me £100 and £80 for a variation dont know if its true or not but mayabe sum truth in it if the gundealers are talking about it

They would need to improve the service a hell of a lot to justify that increase; the current fee doesn't even justify the service we get. If I was able to get my permit back in no time I wouldn't mind paying the extra money.

Barry it's possibly because you are in for a centrefire; centrefire has to go to a senior officer to be signed off whereas rimfire or shotgun doesn't

yep i know wot u mean ollie , but i waited 7months last year for my air rifle . Lisnasharragh house has had my permit 15 and a half months out of the last year and a half ! i wud happilly pay extra if was sure it wud be processed a bit quicker as im sure others on here would aswell!

Lisnasharragh have had a few people in from across the water over the last month and allegedly they are aiming for a 3 week turn around on all grants and renewals. I will believe it when i see it but this info came from a very reliable source. This would seem to tie in with the fees going up!!

Got a variation back today......2 weeks and 1 day :good:

Two envelopes, one with the receipt letter and permit in the other :good:

Must be getting their act together or I'm just a jammy *** :D

Rich

Was your variation fee still £26? What gun where you getting? I'm waiting on a bill of sale and I can get sent away for .223.

Well I put in for a varation to my existing license on the 13th of the first 2011 was sent back cos it wernt signed(geez what a numpty) so hand delivered it on the 23rd of Jan. and it came back today all signed sealed and delivered

for a CZ .17 HMR + Mod. so 2 weeks down the line its returned ,took nearly a year for the shotgun to come through

SOO i may hear you ask has Lisnashambles got thier act together? only time will tell as others are left waiting

and i hope its not long for you

Delighted or What ??????

was talking ti a dealer today who actuall y speaks up and attends all relative meetings with all aprties, ie lisnasharagh stormont etc regarding shooting related topics within NI. The issue off certificates was 1 off the topics. The backlog now as it stands today is around 500, now it was 2500 not so long ago, and the guaranteed turn around is 3 weeks maximum, now all we need is for the rest off the issues to be sorted, he also said they were making positive headway, going forward, not backward regarding oter aspects off the industry, but that their still a few numpties within stormont trying to stop shooting completly. This will never happen, alot off supporters within the assembly who havent very good opinions off these members. So hopefully anyone who is still waiting will recieve their certs shortly, i feel your pain been their.

Edited by mayfly36