Northern Ireland firearms

scooby -doo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my variation has been away 5 weeks although my FAC has been with them snice october to get a rifle taken off :angry:

Sent my variation on 7th March and got the cover letter back quicker than usual but no other word. I'm in no rush anyway because I will not need it until late summer.

It says in the BASC mag that waiting times are gretaly reduced but hat they are still clearing the backlog.

It also said something about putiing down the names of what you specifically want to shoot, rather than 'Vermin and Sporting purposes'.

Initial grant of .22wmr and centrefire 5 and 3 years ago took 9 months each. I received cert at the house while I was at the Cookstown road race- then RFD was closed on Monday! Long wait until the Tuesday!

One on one off for centrefires and rimfires I think will be introduced on a like for like basis. Fingers crossed!

On subject of .22wmr- it's for sale. Ruger m77/22 laminate stock (heavy barrel) with aftermarket trigger, threaded for moderator, new rotary magazine. Contact Loughview Guns.

Edited by bop

Has anyone else heard any talk of the PSNI doing spot checks on gun cabinets recently?

I've heard of one case of them landing at a house and finding a gun out of the cabinet.The fella had left it out to clean it.They ended up taking the whole lot with them.Not sure if there was more to it than that,but it just goes to shows that you can't be too carefull.

Edited by the enigma

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

my variation is away nearly 11 weeks now and they have my FAC 7mths now so they are still a joke i think a call to BASC may be on the cards as my FAC was sent away snince october to get a rifle taken off and although i posted in a variation in feb.to add a shotgun on up to last week they still hadnt dealt with the rifle to get taken off cos my local gundealer told me that he had snice sold the rifle he bought from me and the man who sent off to get it on his FAC recived a letter to say that he cudnt buy the rifle as it was still owned by another person so looks as if its sill a shambles at HQ

That sounds like a right mess.......... your bound to be scundered, to put it mildly. :mad:

Calling the BASC is probably your best option,I've always found phoning Lisnasharragh myself is a complete waste of time.

I,ve heard this said over and over again, but i must say over the years i have found them very helpful.

Just phone up and enquire politely and mannerly and you never know you may be surprised :good:

Rich

I,ve heard this said over and over again, but i must say over the years i have found them very helpful.

Just phone up and enquire politely and mannerly and you never know you may be surprised :good:

Rich

I'm not suggesting for one minute that anyone should phone up and go off on one, that never gets you anywhere. :innocent:

It's been my experience that, yes, they are helpful, but a phone call does nothing to speed up the processing of an application.

my variation is away nearly 11 weeks now and they have my FAC 7mths now so they are still a joke i think a call to BASC may be on the cards as my FAC was sent away snince october to get a rifle taken off and although i posted in a variation in feb.to add a shotgun on up to last week they still hadnt dealt with the rifle to get taken off cos my local gundealer told me that he had snice sold the rifle he bought from me and the man who sent off to get it on his FAC recived a letter to say that he cudnt buy the rifle as it was still owned by another person so looks as if its sill a shambles at HQ

I know the feeling. My variation is away about 9 weeks now. About 2 weeks after I sent my variation away I called them to tell them I changed my mobile number & the lad on the phone told me it was changed. I then called up again about 2 weeks ago and my old mobile number was still on the system :angry: . The fella then told me that the enquiry form was sent to my FEO about a month ago, so basically the FEO has been trying to contact me for a month on my old number. I am going to call them again at the start of the week :unsure:

interesting thread. going to hijack it slightly lol.

anyone after a 22lr at the minute.i have a 99.9% mint as new hw60j i`m selling. just wondering if anyone is interested in it before i head to the dealers later this week.anyone interested pm me please.wanting to change it into a shotty here she is

HPIM1350Small.jpg

Monkeyboots,

Tommy hasn't seen you e-mail yet??

D

I don't think they're email account is working properly. I had an issue last November and sent BASC NI 2 emails quoting my licence details and my BASC membership number, phone etc etc. and never heard anything back...

Ended up having to ring up, spoke to Laura in the end...

Variation sent 3/5/11 [1st class recorded] for HMR off and .22lr on, plus inclusion of a moderator. If, as has been stated, turnaround times have improved, I look forward to receiving it by the end of the month. Will believe it when I see it though. I assume because they are both rimfires, and that the only addition is a moderator, that things should be straighforward?

Variation sent 3/5/11 [1st class recorded] for HMR off and .22lr on, plus inclusion of a moderator. If, as has been stated, turnaround times have improved, I look forward to receiving it by the end of the month. Will believe it when I see it though. I assume because they are both rimfires, and that the only addition is a moderator, that things should be straighforward?

Had a similar variation in February. 2 weeks turnaround :good: