Northern Ireland firearms

scooby -doo

i sent my application recorded delivery glensman and got a letter back to say the were dealing with it. that was 7 weeks ago i got the reply from them. dont fancy waiting 8 months 6.5shooter but guess i should batten down the hatches and prepare myself for the long haul. think il just try to forget about it then when it does come back it will be a surprise.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering if anybody is waiting on there permit from them , ive been waiting as 8 and half months for my renewal and a variation for a rifle to be added aswell , its a bit frustrating after finding out that two of my mates have got theres back in no time at all , 1 had applied for a .22mag and got it back in 7 weeks , the other added another shotgun to his and recieved it in 11days!! what is going on!!

i'am was waiting on mine for 3 months and then called into the police station and they hadn't even recieve it. So they said i had to cancel the checque and fill out a new form. This time i handed it into the police station and they said i should recive it within a month. that was only a week ago.

If i was you i would check in the police station and see what happens after that. :good:

Lads, is there another gun shop near Billy Stringers (maryland) ? Some fella sells from his house/garage?

Meant to be into air riles? Any address/contact details?

Thanks Rich

Sounds like Ken Hughes in Ballygowan. He's grand to deal with. I'll see if i still have a receipt with his details knocking about here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What are the special conditions that have to be met,for someone to be granted an FAC for a 12g 5 shot semi-auto,over here?

Generally member of a gun club affiliated to a body that shoots practical shotgun or western shotgun. As far as I am aware this is all that Feb are willing to authorise.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm thinking of changing my o/u shotgun for a semi. Now,it's been 15 years since I got my shottie added,so I'm not up to speed with the one on,one off procedure. :hmm:

Is it all done by the RFD now,or does my FAC still have to be sent off to the PSNI?

It's all done by the RFD mate. All you have to do is sign a piece of paper stating that the transaction has taken place, and the RFD should then fax this immediately to the FEB. Been explained above but I was sleeping and never read it <_<

Edited by Dancake