Northern Ireland firearms

scooby -doo

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

was advised not to put fox on at all,, im after .204 so just put "pest and general vermin" reason fox is not being clased as vermin as they are not so plentyful so if your only reason is fox they dont recon there is a need,,if you get the drift hence the very non descript/non species reason i put ...will update on whether psni like this reason....lol

just an update , the fella i know reconed he wouldnt bother with a .223 , rang me up said he just went and done it right , .22-250 winchester !! firearms has been out and met him and said everything shout be ok , put on app for control of foxes , has has cabinet checked and everything ! imo the hole thing is messed up!

• 1 month later...

well guess what postie had for me today,,,,,,,,yip permit back with .204 on :good: :good: :good: so roughly 8 wks not to bad i guess tho it ceems they are slowing up a bit again tho miles better than a few years ago......now the downside cant get it till tuesday :no: :no: :no: bank holiday and people not workin........do they not know we need our new toys!!!!!!!!

Edited by millrace

just like to ask i know psni wont grant a 22 rimfire if you put down its for fox so do they accept 22 mag for fox ? i know they used to but as they are now granting bigger cailbres im just wondering if they still grant the 22mag for fox.

Yes they will,I know 3 people who have .22WMR for fox.

Having had an hmr and goten fed up of the price of rounds and the inconsistency ofthe dam thing I am going to apply for a 17 rem or .20 centrefire for vermin.

I currently have a 22-250 for fox and waswondering if anyone has tried this with NI firearms branch an if so did you succeed in getting a centrefire for vermin.

SJ

Yes they will,I know 3 people who have .22WMR for fox.

Just out of curiosity,do the conditions on your FAC, for the .22wmr, mention fox specifically?

It's just that when I applied for my .17hmr,I had listed fox,rabbit & corvid. When it was granted,all that it said on the FAC in the specific conditions was vermin control. I assume that if they had a problem with me using .17hmr for fox,they would have raised the issue before granting the FAC.

• 1 month later...

My first licence was sent of just before easter and they had to get check my permission for a. 22 air rifle checked, they checked it on monday and i had my licence by the saturday, taking a total of 3 n half weeks from posting it off. Thats includin over easter holidays.

They seem to be working quite quickly last few months anyway from what ive heard.