Valentines day on Monday

jonno 357

My wife and I are doing our thing tomorrow (13th). We met at my pal's 21st birthday party back in 1971 on the 13th so we've been together for 40 years :wub:, and married 38 years come October. Monday 15th February 1971 was the introduction of currency decimalisation :o

So it was a busy weekend that year.

I've written in to Steve Wright's 'Sunday Love Songs' on BBC Radio 2 to asking him to play George Harrison's 'My Sweet Lord' it was no 1 at the time and we were smooching away to it - I must be going soft in my old age. So if you hear it, you know it's me asked for it.

ive got to get back early from shooting tommorrow in order to get few things for my queen and i mentioned to her today if she would like a chinese for monday and she just looked at me with utter disdain so i changed it really quick and said how about i do something like beef in guinness and got a smile back so thats sorted then :lol:

paddy.

I took my wife and an old school friend of hers out to dinner last night.

When the table was booked a couple of weeks ago, nobody at the restaurant said anything, but when we arrived it was a "Valentine's Day Special".

The whole place was decked out in heart shaped balloons, streamers and plastic red roses.

A glass of champagne when you arrived, romantic music, a single red stemmed rose for the ladies, the atmosphere was all set.

Right in the middle of all these loving couples, was a table set for three people. :blink:

I told the waitress we were Mormons, I am not sure what the rest of the customers were thinking. :no:

I took my wife and an old school friend of hers out to dinner last night.

When the table was booked a couple of weeks ago, nobody at the restaurant said anything, but when we arrived it was a "Valentine's Day Special".

The whole place was decked out in heart shaped balloons, streamers and plastic red roses.

A glass of champagne when you arrived, romantic music, a single red stemmed rose for the ladies, the atmosphere was all set.

Right in the middle of all these loving couples, was a table set for three people. :blink:

I told the waitress we were Mormons, I am not sure what the rest of the customers were thinking. :no:

Absolutely priceless Cranfield - probably wrong of me but it made me chuckle :lol:

We may all think that it's a load of old bull but that is not what wives/girlfriends/partners think.

It's worth every penny to make them extra happy on one day as then can dine out on the brownie points for months to come.

We brought valentines day forward a day so could have an extra long Sunday lie in , gave her a card and let her know I'm taking her away for a weekend next month, she then cooked a lovely slap up dinner for us as this thing works both ways. Have a dozen red roses arriving today when she thinks it's over. Don't care it cost a few bob, worth every penny.

A few years ago myself and a (male) colleague had to attend a conference far enough from work that it required an overnight stay in a hotel.

This obviously meant that we had to go and find somewhere to eat that evening, and yes, it was valentines day, and yes the restarant was all done out with hearts and balloons :oops: .

Load of old cock. Bunch of Morrisons roses and a card ought to do it. Don't need all the other old cack.

If it was that shallow, one or other of us would have ****** off years ago :lol::lol::lol:

A fine example of Mancunian romance,

Who said the art was dead :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: