12g Cartridge Belts

TaxiDriver

I was wondering how many people use them ?

from what I can see the average belt holds 21 - 30 cartridges ? So what use is that on say, an average clay shoot or a day out hammering pidgeons(hopefully) unless you're gonna be wearing multiple belts and wanna end up looking like a Rambo movie extra.

I take a belt but not to wear , when in the hide i hang it on a hide pole , keeps the cartridges from getting mucky and no fumbleing in pockets on those rare days when they steam in one after another.

I have more in the bag and top the belt up as used.

Edited by deny essex

I wear a jack pyke job which gives me 25 carts easily accesible to hand with only a tiny ammount of movement, without bending up and down to boxes on the floor or fumbling in pockets, to be honest if you need to get your hands on over 25 carts that quickly then either you are very lucky to have that many targets or you should be looking at a flak cannon. Spare carts for pigeon shooting or clays are in a cartridge bag which holds 8 boxes of 25 carts the box, clay shooting i wear a shooting vest and hold a box of carts in the pocket.

i have always used a belt when out wild fowling because it can be worn under your jacket thus saving the carts from getting wet and muddy another reason is i some times have 2 defferent types of carts one for duck and hevier ones for geese. i always have the hevier ones on my right hand side and the light ones on the left so in the half light i know exactly whats where. it also keeps your pockets free for other stuff, torches, calls etc

Hi,

Be careful; nothing ruins a stock as fast as rubbing it against a belt full of cartridges.

Cheers

The only thing a belt does efficiently is ruin your stock. :lol:

If you can't get your cartridges out your pocket quick enough, you're wearing the wrong coat!

not for those of us with synthetic stocks it dont....

as others have said, I use the belt to save to much movement whilst theres pigeons about, filling up the belt when needed inbetween birds, it also helps me gauge how many carts Ive shot/have left, by counting the empty slots, without the need to look

I have a belt under my coat, as others have said with different sorts of cartridges at different parts.

It is also an easy way to carry 30 extra shells without noticing the weight, and enough for a meander round, putting six in my pocket from the belt & topping up.

Pointless for clays though !

i used to wear a cartridge belt until i came across this jacket on ebay, so as you do i bought one and have never looked back at a belt or extra jacket for pockets. its ideal for shooting. :good:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WAISTCOAT-4-PIGEON-DECOYING-PHEASANT-HUNTING-GAMEKEEPER_W0QQitemZ160548777414QQcategoryZ52509QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp5197.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D2%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7364669930544785599

Do you not find it a bit awkward getting the cartidges into and out of the pockets.. I've seen waistcoats like these before but I've never bought one because the cartidge pockets seem very tight and I'd imagine a bit fiddly when trying to get them in and out :hmm::hmm:

Do you not find it a bit awkward getting the cartidges into and out of the pockets.. I've seen waistcoats like these before but I've never bought one because the cartidge pockets seem very tight and I'd imagine a bit fiddly when trying to get them in and out :hmm::hmm:

first couple of times out with it they wer a bit tight to get in and out. but now they are fine as the elastic has stretched a little bit. they still fit in there nice and i can get them in and out easy now and they dont fall out or slide up when moving about. they are a good accessory for the money i think but thats my opinion. :good::good:

I have two leather belts one with 25 round capacity and one with 30 round capacity. One pheasant days I wear one or other of these under my shooting coat carrying a reserve of shells

I have another 25 split between left and right hand jacket pockets for instant use. I might ssay that on my usual shoot days the reserve in the belt is never called for but it does take t weight from your shoulders. For many years I loaded from a belt with plastic spring loops, one of the fastest methods of loading I have found, unfortunately with the passing of time this belt seems to have shrumk and no longer meets under my jacket never mind over it.

Blackpowder

Cartridge bag, or pockets for me.

Too many stocks marked by cartridge belts, too many cartridges falling out when negotiating obstacles and (unless you get the open front metal clip type) too slow to load.

On a side note, the stupidest thing I have ever seen is the cartridge holder stuck on the stock of a gun (usually autos). :rolleyes: