Its not just Fuel

Fisherman Mike

Its not just fuel..

Went to Tesco express today bought a paper, a small bag of crappy carrots, a small enaemic chicken a can of coke, two scotch eggs, a bag of oven chips, 4 frozen chicken pies, a pack of streaky bacon, a sliced loaf, a tub of Lurpack and a tukish delight....£23 + quid. :o

Rip off Britain indeed. :yes:

When fuel goes up, food, clothes, electrical goods almost every thing gets more expensive. Dont forget it doesnt walk to the shop :D its a **** take how much tax we pay on fuel, read this week that with fuel duty and vat its about 80p out of every litre :no:

When fuel goes up, food, clothes, electrical goods almost every thing gets more expensive. Dont forget it doesnt walk to the shop :D its a p**s take how much tax we pay on fuel, read this week that with fuel duty and vat its about 80p out of every litre :no:

I'm sure I heard something on the radio today about fuel prices hitting £2 by the end of the year! I bloody hope not :(

It's not "Rip Off Britain" or the government or the greedy supermarkets, it is high commodity prices. Wheat is at £200 ish per tonne against the £90 it hovered around for many years. Maize, rape, soya etc are at similarly high prices. This knocks on to all meat products and anything that uses flour, starch, glucose syrup... Sugar is at record levels and in very short supply globally and we are even worse off in the UK as the beet harvest was a disaster. Cocoa is sky high too. Everything you bought contain one or more of these products. Even at the "rip off" prices you have paid for your bacon and your scotch eggs, British pig farmers are selling at cost or below at the moment and the industry is in crisis.

Also, the consumer has demanded higher and higher quality and welfare standards for their food for years and until now they have not had to pay for it. Now prices are rising you will find that these costs are being recovered at the same time. We are all going to have to get used to it I'm afraid.

Tesco express can be very, very expensive.

I was living in the city when the first started popping up and I used them, I noticed they all had the tatic of opening with very low prices, and raising them to above the average over a year or so.

Its not just fuel..

Went to Tesco express today bought a paper, a small bag of crappy carrots, a small enaemic chicken a can of coke, two scotch eggs, a bag of oven chips, 4 frozen chicken pies, a pack of streaky bacon, a sliced loaf, a tub of Lurpack and a tukish delight....£23 + quid. :o

Rip off Britain indeed. :yes:

Tesco I've noticed, do bump prices up every few months and 'play' the customer in the money game. 'Every little helps' always helps Tesco. It's a business they're in it to make money.

Personally, I feel they have become too big for their boots, with their ability to purchase on huge volume.

I've been a supplier to Tesco, and they are not the best customer in many respects.

Prices of goods have to go up because of the increasing price in fuel - in short it costs more to get things to shops so they have to increase prices.

Its sucks ***, but what can you do? Grow food and hunt more?

Answers on a post card!

I'm on woodie pigeon tomorrow, not a chicken from the tesco production line! Got 5 in the freezer plus 2 pheasants and one bunny, will hopefully keep stocked up at that level, saves a fortune and is much better health and taste wise :good:

I go to tesco 2 evenings a week and get as much 'reduced' stuff as I can, which goes in the freezers as well, plus whatever wholemeal bread is on offer (Lidl do 2 Kingsmill extra tasty wholemeal for £1.50), and I make soups and stews which I then freeze.

I don't drink or smoke, if prices go up any more I will struggle, I can't really do much more to save the cash! :blink: :no:

Tesco Express near me - eggs, free range £1.86 for a half dozen, same thing at the greengrocers, £1.20. For the sake of 100 yards walk.

We need to support our local little guys really. The problem is we've become accustomed to 'everything under one roof' and lost out on seasonality and local produce.

Asparagus from peru? ***!!

We have plenty of asparagus grown right here! Just in season.

Mind you, with the fuel prices as they are, you only want to drive to one shop!

it all ways has, and all ways will be rip off britain,and it wont get any better.

unfortunately whilst we have always had the harris ripped out of us on the likes of cars etc, the price of foodstuffs now is getting silly everywhere, ever took a minute to wonder what set the arab states off in recent months? its nothing to do with democracy etc but its all to do with the price of food, thats whats kicked them off, just wait till the yellow hoardes cant get enough grain :o

KW

Don`t worry! When the hordes from the nearest disaster region, North Africa is today`s hot spot of choice, surge across Europe and threaten to engulf us, we`ve always got the armed forces to repel them at the gates.

Ah! Hang on a minute though, hav`nt the Coalition just emasculated our army, navy and air force. Well done lads, good timing!

You really have to laugh at the almost slapstick efforts at government by the current bunch of self serving cretins.

Hurry up with the revolution, it truly cannot get any worse.

Don`t worry! When the hordes from the nearest disaster region, North Africa is today`s hot spot of choice, surge across Europe and threaten to engulf us, we`ve always got the armed forces to repel them at the gates.

Ah! Hang on a minute though, hav`nt the Coalition just emasculated our army, navy and air force. Well done lads, good timing!

You really have to laugh at the almost slapstick efforts at government by the current bunch of self serving cretins.

Hurry up with the revolution, it truly cannot get any worse.

Don't call their bluff!!!

:lol:

Why not? The time for revolution has never been riper.

The moral of our armed forces is at an all time low and our air, sea and land strike capabilities are almost nil. True, we still have a nuclear capability but firing a nuke at the UK would be a bit counterproductive.

The police are utterly disaffected threatened, rightly or wrongly, with massive pay cuts and slashed budgets whilst a majority of the population never even voted for the coalition in the first place and there are few who support the massive public sector bloodletting over such a short time scale.

Our politicians seem incapable of dealing with the simplest of problems and many of them actually belong to a political class who have never done a days work in their lives. The MP for my area is a girl of 26 with no life experience whatsoever.

Who would stand in the way of a revolution? The Young Conservatives?

All together now, " Mudpatten for Emperor!" "Mudpatten for Emperor!" Louder boys, louder.

its a shame realy when you have people working full time and at the end of the week can just about afford to feed them selvs. i have at time had to chose who eats me or the dogs :blink: its like a bloody 3rd world country in places this, i would love to se one MP live a week like i do with my work load and pay they would soon change their tune! all the while the big boys are filling their pockets with what ever they can grab :angry:

Edited by highseas