PW RIFLE MEET. POSSIBLE REPLACEMENT FOR BISLEY

SPARKIE

How many of you guys would be interested in a rifle shooting meet to replace Bisley BUT without the range cert rubbish camping drinking bbq and good company just cant cater for the hairy bikers and harleys.it was On the way over to Bedford i was thinking about a rifle shoot iv'e been on today which was set in the surrounding area of catton hall stafford. The shoot consists of silohette targets consisting of muntys, fox, rabbits, babboons, boar,and pheasents from 40-150 yards in a valley which are markable and 200-400 yards steel silohette targets which are painted again these vary from discs to fox and hares. the chap is also hoping to get a field there and set targets out to 800yards. There is also a running deer target and a woodland walk for stalking targets which has deer and fox targets set out hidden and you have to shoot of high bipods or sticks. i mentioned this to a few lads at bedford and they agreed it could be a good idea so today ive had a word with carl who runs it and he would be happy to arrange a weekend for us where we could camp over and shoot for 2 days if required ive got a price of him and if i can get 50+ guns we can shoot there for £20 a day so £40 for a weekends shooting. ive been to the shoot twice now and really enjoyed it and its run really well. now the legal bit the land is passed for 30cal but there happy for people to shoot bigger if they have open ticket and its classed as zeroing not target shooting so unsure how people with just target guns will go on about this. if its ok with teal and the mods i can put a link up to there website now theres 2 dates this year that can be done or we can arrange it for may/june next year but need to see what you guys think before we go further. oh neerly forgot they can also cater for a driven flush of clays but im unsure on price for that but they can get 16 clays in the air at the same time and also airgunning range can be set up sparkie.

Right sod it here's the link to the shoot as you can see there are dates booked already each month and the chap that runs it has to work round the game shooting season and land owners crops thats why he preferred us to set a date for next year he said the best time would be about may-june so we get some good weather. have a look and see what ya think.

http://www.cattonriflesport.co.uk/

Edited by SPARKIE

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like a corker of an idea

hmr competition at 800 yards anyone ;)

Is that all you got ?? 800yard lol

I could be up for this - see if I can gee up a couple of mates to split the driving as it would be a serious haul (no **** taking of the accent though lol)

Bit of a trek but potentially up for it just for beer, burgers and banter.

FM

FM you have no excuses you have your own car now.

Yep... definately up for that... :good:

Will there be some kids to smack, unarmed combatants to execute and benefit cheats to shop too? :lol:

im sure we could arrange some targets like that.

Sounds a good one Sparkie :good: any range restrictions, will i be able to take my cannons and fire grit at the targets ???

no cannons and no moaning there the only restrictions

i would be ok for that why not this year?

see above

ive added some more info to the first post including a link

i was with sparkie yesterday, the guy is a genuine guy and the set up is very informal but really well organised, some great targets out to 400 yds.

i am definately in ............... the area is really picturesque and would be great place to camp have a few beers and some banter

for those that want to know catton hall estate is not far from burton on trent, about 5 mins off the A38.

put me down matey, i would guess alex and craig will be in for it too.