Girlfriend won't have guns in the house.

Kidney505

Ditch the girlfriend. Simples!! (I am a girl... Come live with me :-p )

:lol: Lol Thanks for the for the offer, if only it was so simple.

Well I've told her I will sort out the best security I can and they would be out of sigh and locked up.

Guns are part of my life, my dad told told me I could have one "as soon as you can break a barrel" from then on i've had an ever growing interest for them and the disaplins they require. The blunt of it is over the past 5 years with her I've changed as much as I think I should and this would be one step too far so the guns are staying, they are part of me and my life and while I truly love her to bits I can't change who I am.

(That sounded pretty deep I'm genaraly not a serious guy :P )

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my missis helps skin gut pluck anything really shes been lamping with me shot rabbits she knows its my life and never stops me from going.she would rather me in the field than up town with young bits of stuff falling at my feet. well more like running away but that beside the point.

i feel for ya it must be hard having a missis like that in this sport but its part of your life she will be taking away. a old friend was in the same spot he gave it up and regrets it she is in full control of him dont like going to visit his mum and dad cuz they have dogs :blink: :blink: it will just get worse.

Principle my *****! Shes a control-whore. And like all other forms of whore, she wants you to pay... And if you do buy it now, youll be paying forever more.

Control-whores: for when you absolutely, positively have to fill a mass grave. Accept no substitute.

No need to thank me.

:lol: Lol Thanks for the for the offer, if only it was so simple.

Well I've told her I will sort out the best security I can and they would be out of sigh and locked up.

Guns are part of my life, my dad told told me I could have one "as soon as you can break a barrel" from then on i've had an ever growing interest for them and the disaplins they require. The blunt of it is over the past 5 years with her I've changed as much as I think I should and this would be one step too far so the guns are staying, they are part of me and my life and while I truly love her to bits I can't change who I am.

(That sounded pretty deep I'm genaraly not a serious guy :P )

We all sympathise and support you !

YOU are doing the right thing

l have had alot of girlfriends and also very near future wives who though very loving have been also very controlling(discreetly and openly) and l didnt realize l was miserable and not free in thinking nor movement , so they all went !

l am now with my partner where we are both free in thinking and movement .. We support and understand each other ... l hope this helps in your decision

A man needs to be a man in his own house . If you accept this gun ban before you move in together then what will happen next . I am sorry but I come from an era when men were men and women were glad of it . I f you have any problems with her send her to me for a week and I will sort her out for you . Incidently I have two members wifes living in my garage who were sent to me for correction and refuse to go back . I dont know whats happening in this world today ,the next thing is women will be asking for the vote .

Harnser .

Edited by Harnser

Never Buy a book when there's a library in town..... seriously when one half of a partnership start to dictate what the other should in their eyes be doing, it's time to give up. Tolerance and mutual respect are very high in my must have requesit and you should have similar goals. Thin end of the wedge springs to mind here, and this from another lass. from Auntie. :yes:

Well I've been with my girlfriend for the better part of 5 years (me a through and through contry lad from a big family and her an only child and a townie) now and we are looking to move in together and she says it's against her principles to have guns in the house. She has no problem with me shooting or owning guns but will not allow them in the house. That wouldnt be a problem if I only shot a gun club as I would be able to store my guns there but I shoot on my permission after I finish work, so storage at a club or shop isn't possible. I've told her I can make the security second to none but to that she said she will never live in a house witha gun in it.

Any sensible/ reasonable suggestions please?

Thanks for reading.

Shes subliminally trying to tell you something.....an easy way out of the relationship.... took 5 years for her to work this out did it ??.... Dump her !shes got someone else. :yes:

A towny and a country boy, like oil and water :yes:

Edited by Fisherman Mike

lol-im more amazed you actually came on here and admitted to everyone you're under the thumb! :lol:

I have read your last post though and if she digs her heals in just tell her how it will be.Theres no justifiable reason why you couldnt store guns at home and you can bet your last dollar this wont be the only thing she dont want you to do/wear/go etc if you dont put your foot down.

You shouldnt be put in this position by the way. Not unless your GF has a personal experence that can justify this degree of selfishness.

That pretty much covers it. If she has had something happen in her past that makes it a big issue then ok, but I can't see her being in a relationship with someone who shoots if that is the case? She shouldn't tell you what to do. Your guns will be kept secure and are no business of hers.

To keep it brief, I'd tell her that your home will always have guns in it. As much as you love her, it's up to her to decide whether she wants to be a part of your life as she should accept you for who you are.

My other half is an animal loving ex-veggie. I think it took her a lot of effort to get to grips with my lifestyle but I am who I am. If she said to me "it's the guns or me" my reply would be "do you need a hand packing?". :yes:

Well I've been with my girlfriend for the better part of 5 years (me a through and through contry lad from a big family and her an only child and a townie) now and we are looking to move in together and she says it's against her principles to have guns in the house. She has no problem with me shooting or owning guns but will not allow them in the house. That wouldnt be a problem if I only shot a gun club as I would be able to store my guns there but I shoot on my permission after I finish work, so storage at a club or shop isn't possible. I've told her I can make the security second to none but to that she said she will never live in a house witha gun in it.

Any sensible/ reasonable suggestions please?

Thanks for reading.

yep find a new girl- aint never gonna work out :lol:

Well thanks for all of the support. I had decided what I was going to tell her in a general way before I posted but it's always good to draw on other peoples experiences and advice before rushing blindly into a situation expecially one that can get as messy as this.

She's has basically been brought up away from my kind of lifestyle and guns and all she's hear about them is what's been said on the news. So I'm Soping that a bit of education will go a long way. She says that she's afraid of them, believes them dangerous etc... but that nothing new alot of people are afraid of the unknown or in this case prehapse the misunderstood.

If she says would you choose guns over me I can quite easily say would you give up reading (she is a dedicated reader and always has been) for me? Thus I'm not choosing guns over her I merely refusing to change for her in a way that would make me so unhappy.

I started the 'debate' with with her earlier. Wish me luck lol. :good:

show her all the above posts :blink:

:hmm: I believe there a a few posts that wouldn't work in my favor, one I belive mentions a control whore :/

(I don't mind the her thumb just as long as she knows im holding a needle) :lol:

Edited by Kidney505