Anyone going to the Midland Game Fair?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Sunday's there used to be a huge car boot sale at Cannock. Next door to Hilton Park Gun Club.

Has it moved to Weston Park?

I went yesterday to it, it was dreadful, there was more staff on the stands in Gunmakers Row than customers.

Clothes in the main were poor quality, there were no Cartridge manufacturers there, no Purdey, Holland & Holland or Westley Richards gunmakers.

It really is a very bad fair.

McDonalds have got Ronald McDonald.

Midland Game Fair has got an idiot in a a RealTree suit, both of them are clowns.

I got to the fair at 11am yesterday with my gun, only to be made to park a mile away from the clayshooting line as the shooters carpark at Tong gate was 'Full'.

When I got to the entrance by the shooters carpark I found numerous empty parking spaces and acres of wasted space.

Sorry chaps but for me 'The Midland' is now dead.

Went yesterday (sat) and managed to get a few bits off my shopping list but was really dissapointed with shooters row. A lot of the bigger gun stores weren't there and there was no real choice in rifles or top end scopes.

I think most traders now just do the CLA main game fair and dont bother with these smaller ones. also the prices on second hand shotguns were highly inflated for the day. Some 2nd handers were only £50-£100 cheaper then a new gun but have had loads of abuse and use.

i wont be going again. :no:

Went yesterday and spent rather a lot of money.

Took the missus and she carried all my shopping all day without complaint. Pretty cool.

Bit pricey on the entrance fee and a bit lacking on decent trade stands rather than clothes.

Gypsy furniture stall said quite a bit I thought.

Edited by 39TDS

I think some of you must be blind!

I saw 3 places flogging cartridges including a big stand run by Gamebore, and talking of high end scopes... I visited stands from Zeiss, Swarovski and Meopta!

Not a bad show overall.. got everything I wanted, I shall probably forgive the CLA in future just to attend the Midland.