TRAMADOL

officerdibble777

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a very much self confessed addict to tramadol (9years plus)I am now happy to say I'm free :yay:

For the past 4 or 5 weeks Iv'e been comming off from 8-10 a day to nil since mid week last week.For as much as they helped me to cope with pain,I'm glad that it is finally done with.The past while has been a living hell,why don't they tell you this before they get you hooked on them,and this can be in less than a week.

The side effects of withdrawal are shocking,headache,sweats,shivers,itchy skin,flu symtoms,runny nose,sneezing,shortness of breath,loss of energy,loss of appetite,squirts,insomnia the list goes on, and Iv'e felt them all but have few now.

You have to come down small bits at a time every couple of days,but you will suffer,really suffer.It's the first time for almost 15 years I have been drug free :yahoo:

john

Nice one John...and stay off 'em!

Been off co-codamol for 7 weeks already...fed up with the side effects especially turning one into House (doc series).

Just slow down and deal with the pain differently...and don't go on the booze as an alternative.

:good::good::good::good:

Iv'e now been totally drug free since the original post,not even an asprin.The pain that turned me into a junkie is still there,that will never go but I deal with it in a different more possitive way now.Ordnance,I'm a Scot just spending a lot of time with the Yanks,but I hear what your saying :good:

I'm due another couple of operations soon and hope I can get by without any drugs,you just have to remember your god only gives you what you can handle

thanks guys

john

Good luck my friend has just come of them he is waiting for an operation for slipped discs. PS. Do you get any pistol shooting where you are.

Good luck my friend has just come of them he is waiting for an operation for slipped discs. PS. Do you get any pistol shooting where you are.

aye,there's a small range just a couple of miles from my house,but I like my trap shooting more than hand guns.The club I shoot at has trap,skeet,sporting ,handgun and rifle ranges.Right next to the shooting ground there is the training ground for the Sarasota sheriff's dept.

fortunately my system and Tramadol dont get on?! it didn't send me to sleep it sent me as high as a kite so my doctor ditched it, was on oxycontin for a long time along with gabapentin now after many many ops including TWO total knee replacements of the SAME knee within 10 months I am now on no more than the odd paracetamol :good: my knee still hurts like hell at times but not whilst at rest so I can sleep no prob which is the main thing, nothing worse than debilitating pain that wont go even when you rest, been there got the tee shirt.

KW

Edited by kdubya

I've been using Tramadol for almost 2 years now and reckon out of all the meds I've taken for pain, they are the one's that have suited me most, I've used Dihydrocodeine, Gabapentin, Pregabalin, Codeine, several others I can't remember but worst of all was the Fentanyl patches, these were pure evil for me and it got to the point where Kim told me to either get shot of them as all I was doing was sleeping all day, then when it was time for bed I was awake all night, it was like my clock was 12 hours out.

I take 1 Tramadol on a morning with my breakfast and 1 either mid morning or at lunchtime, depending on how I'm feeling, with a bit of luck, that gets me through the day, occasionally I'll have to drop another one late evening, touch wood, I'm OK with them, but I've instructed Kim to get on my case of they ever do to me what the Fentanyl patches did.

As a very much self confessed addict to tramadol (9years plus)I am now happy to say I'm free :yay:

For the past 4 or 5 weeks Iv'e been comming off from 8-10 a day to nil since mid week last week.For as much as they helped me to cope with pain,I'm glad that it is finally done with.The past while has been a living hell,why don't they tell you this before they get you hooked on them,and this can be in less than a week.

The side effects of withdrawal are shocking,headache,sweats,shivers,itchy skin,flu symtoms,runny nose,sneezing,shortness of breath,loss of energy,loss of appetite,squirts,insomnia the list goes on, and Iv'e felt them all but have few now.

You have to come down small bits at a time every couple of days,but you will suffer,really suffer.It's the first time for almost 15 years I have been drug free :yahoo:

john

Didn't know you were on them well done mate proud of ya :good:

I think you have to be careful you are taking that next dose to ease pain and not to ease withdrawal symptoms . You can easily talk yourself into the reasons why you are continuing them . I take co codamol 30/500 for neck and back pain from time to time . I can have the co codamol 8/500 from the shop instead of stopping abruptly . There are no half dose Tramadol as far as I know . Alot of people have a problem with this stuff .Well done for getting off them . I think they might go the same way as Distalgesic ( not used now) or become a controlled drug . There is better medication out there .

Was prescribed Tramadol when I had a wee back twinge.....well 7 months off work, 6 months physio and a goodly stay inside the wards.

Didnt touch the pain.

Went onto Oxycontin....wow...pain went but then so did I.

I know why its the most abused legal drug in USA now.

Was prescribed Tramadol when I had a wee back twinge.....well 7 months off work, 6 months physio and a goodly stay inside the wards.

Didnt touch the pain.

Went onto Oxycontin....wow...pain went but then so did I.

I know why its the most abused legal drug in USA now.

Ive not had any bother with this one either, 2 tabs twice a day

:shaun:

Hope nobody minds me clearing a few things up...

Yep "Jellies" do refer to temazepam and not tramadol, before my time they came as a gel filled cap hence the name. These could be melted down and injected, not pleasant!!

Zamadol is just a brand of tramadol. If you're allergic to the drug you'll be allergic to both. Sorry.

MOST painkillers are over-prescribed, trust me. BUT they are very very good in controlling pain. Unfortunately everyone will have a different predisposition to potential side-effects (especially if they've read the leaflet ;):hmm: )

There are also drugs for epilepsy and depression that are being found to be of use in pain management,

The key is to take the lowest effective dose for the lowest time possible.

Joe

I slipped 3 disks 6 months ago and have been on morphine ever since and it's horrible if I forget to take my tablets at night even the next day I feel freezing cold cannot get warm or anything. Few shots of oramorph help though untill the tablets catch up. Helps with the pain I guess.

Edited by -oXo-

i,ve been on tramadol for about 5 years , just a small dose between 1 and 3 max per day and it really does help BUT i,m not sure if i prefer the high to the pain relief , sometimes it just does,nt touch the pain , but the occasional high it gives you really does carry you through the day.

doc as offered me Pregabalin but i,m not sure what to expect from this .

anyone tried it

thanks

really unpredictable drug tramadol. 20 years ago one of my flat mates did a study into its' excretion, the way it leaves the body. What she found was very interesting and I think explains a lot of the problems with it. there is exceptionally broad range in the rate of excretion. Not only that , there are distinct differences between the sexes. Also none of the usual predictors, such as acetylator status, can be applied to its excretion.

The result is that it builds up in some people, gradually becoming toxic, but in others it does not work at all. For most it works well, but there are some people who really have problems with it, particularly those that may be more mature members of society. As vole points out it is a synthetic opiate and is just as addictive as any other opiate drug. So good for you coming off it.

i,ve been on tramadol for about 5 years , just a small dose between 1 and 3 max per day and it really does help BUT i,m not sure if i prefer the high to the pain relief , sometimes it just does,nt touch the pain , but the occasional high it gives you really does carry you through the day.

doc as offered me Pregabalin but i,m not sure what to expect from this .

anyone tried it

thanks

Yeah, I was given that for a while - didn't even register with me. All depends what you are taking it for.