Tikka t3

hendersons

Hi all

I've been saving for a deer rifle for quite a while now. I think I have just about got enough money now. So I had a bit of a look in the shop today and I spotted a t3 in 6.5x55. So before I part with my hard earned I wondered if anybody wS using one or if anybody had used one but had no end of grief with it.

Thanks again Nick

Hi mate

I've had a tikka T3 laminate stainless in .223 1 in 8 twist for the last couple of years or so and it is brill. A very solid rifle that has never given a moments problem, and the bolt action is one of the smoothest i've come across after the Sauer 202. It is of course made in the Sako factory in Finland so quality of workmanship and finish is superb.

10 out of 10 for me.

Rgds

Mark

I don't think you can go far wrong with them, I am not a fan of Tikka plastic stocks (I have both for mine but it is the previous model) but that is purely personal a lot of them get sold and people are happy with them. The bonus is they just work without the need for aftermarket bits and pieces, they are accurate, reliable and have a detachable mag.

Sorry I didn't pick up on this topic earlier.

I had a T3 Laminate Stainless in 6.5x55 and it was a very functional gun. If I'm honest I didn't like the plastic mag but that's the only thing I'd put it down for.

Positive points are it shot like a dream. Accurate, lovely crisp adjustable trigger, detachable mag. Pretty much a forst class gun that could cost a lot more money if it wasn't for that damn plastic!

Phil has one. If you want to have a play with one before you buy I'm sure he wouldn't mind. That thing reallt is accurate, I can shoot three bullets through the same hole at 100 yards with it off of bags!

Sorry I didn't pick up on this topic earlier.

I had a T3 Laminate Stainless in 6.5x55 and it was a very functional gun. If I'm honest I didn't like the plastic mag but that's the only thing I'd put it down for.

Positive points are it shot like a dream. Accurate, lovely crisp adjustable trigger, detachable mag. Pretty much a forst class gun that could cost a lot more money if it wasn't for that damn plastic!

Phil has one. If you want to have a play with one before you buy I'm sure he wouldn't mind. That thing reallt is accurate, I can shoot three bullets through the same hole at 100 yards with it off of bags!

Ah but plastic don't rust or rattle :smartass: