What do you all do for a living?

MogsAA

Was a Baker and Confectioner for many years, moved into sales and business development, ended up getting companies out of the XXXX and making them profitable.

Now retired.

To me the most important jobs and the hardest but most rewarding are those looking after and supporting others less fortunate than ourselves, respect to you all.

And the old joke (stolen from ack ack) I am a goverment artist, I draw the dole.

No offence to those out of work, for what ever reason

(Just for the record folks I've never been on the dole, I don't have issues with those that are its just not one for me)

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Retired scholteacher. Got fed up with the way it was going, paper work more important than teaching the kids. Decided it was time to live my life as I wanted to NOT how some other XXXXXXX told me how to life it. Took early retirement and now split my time between golf and shooting. Clays, Pidgeons, targets, HFT. I don't care but can't stand to be sitting at home doing nowt for too long. HID will try to find me something else to do like cutting the hedge or painting the leaves on the trees in the garden.

Life's a bitch but somebody's got to do it. :innocent:

I'm a mechanical fitter for Ford Motor Co. We make various engines in our factory for Ford, Volvo, Jag and Land Rover

What do you do?

Safe shooting

MogsAA

Get back to work and paying my pension. Medical retirement from Ford Motor Co on my 45 th birthday and I can honestly say I don't miss it one bit. The only thing I miss is time and a third for holidays, somehow I feel cheated now.

I'm a shift pattern Aviation Technician in a blue chip carbon facility making carbon brakes for commercial and military aviation, But my heart has always been in the country way of life, I wished that I could have been a Farmer or Gamekeeper etc, or is the grass always greener on the other side of the fence? I'm ready for retirement/redundancy now, so if I can get morgage free and live on a F/S Pension and most of all keep well, then that will have do. I consider myself a lucky man. :thumbs:

Retired school teacher. Got fed up with the way it was going; paper work more important than teaching the kids. Decided it was time to live my life as I wanted to and NOT how some other XXXXXXX told me how to live it. Took early retirement and now split my time between golf and shooting. Clays, Pidgeons pigeons, targets, HFT. I don't care but can't stand to be sitting at home doing nowt for too long. HID will try to find me something else to do like cutting the hedge or painting the leaves on the trees in the garden.

Life's a bitch but somebody's got to do it. :innocent:

D- See me after class.

Sorry, couldn't resist, especially as pigeon was spelled wrong. :oops: