whats for diner tonight

dazsl

whiskey, jamesons to be persisb a bottle gone all ready no.2 on its way

chonaic mé ar landrover amach taobh freinds mo chailín sean teach bhuail sé deacair dom!

Tá sé ag fáil **** ólta ar mediciene

A hearty and nourishing meal for a man. Not sure what the rest of the meal was but this is a helluva starter . Cheers :drinks:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rabbit stew (shot the other day) done in a slow cooker so the meat falls off the bones. Flavoured with marjoram and sage with carrots, onions, red peppers, mushrooms and toms (finely sliced). Boiled tatties and runner beans. Followed by triffle and cream.

Washed down with a cheeky little Merlot.

Food of the gods.

Edited by Uncle Albert

Tonight will be chicken & sweetcorn soup, chicken fried rice, chips, curry sauce and prawn crackers from a nice takeaway in Tow Law (woolyback/sheep sh@gging part of Durham near Bishop Auckland) as I'm off to the caravan to close it up for the winter and my daughter has kindly offered to come with me (but only if I get Chinese!). Tomorrow night we'll probably have spaghetti and homemade meatballs and sauce to keep us warm!.

And off to the butchers later today to pick up 3Kg of diced lamb so there'll be a massive lamb hot pot being made Sunday evening when we get back :D

Edited by phaedra1106

can't make my mind up what to have for diner got a couple of pheasant in fridge so it could be them

Well last night it was soup and steak pie at a shoot bothy, good it was to washed down with two cans of the black stuff. Tonight I am cooking wild sea bass with spring oniopns and ginger while the starter will be seared pigeon breasts with black puding and carmalised apple.

Blackpowder

Tonight my wife is cooking confit of duck, potatoes sauted in duck fat, brussel sprouts cooked in white wine with garlic, chopped onions and pork lardons. It'll be washed down by a bottle of 2009 Gewurztraminer from the Alsace, saved from our French holiday.

Right it's dark nights now

winter meals once again( I love these dark nights)

So tonight venison stew in red wine (that's if I can spare a drop) ;) dumplings

cooked with winter veg and potatoes roasted in garlic butter and onions.

Follow by Apple crumble with the choice of custard,cream or ice cream .

All washed down with a lovely red for me .

But not Sweepy as he will now know after eating the stew

I now have a spare bit in the freezer .

So he will be out afterwards looking for (bunnies) to fill that empty spot :rolleyes:

His a proper little caveman hunter :lol:

xxxxsuzy

had a sausage cassarole last night made with my first ever venison sausages . i made them for the first time tuesday and they where bloomin marvelous .

18 good size bangers made from 2.5 lb good cuts of roe , just under 1lb of pork belly in propper hogg casings . no rusk just meat ! bootifull

Last night we ad liva an unions as we call it ear in Birningham. - Lambs liver cooked in oven for 10 min - Our first onion from garden fried and put on top of liva - scalloped spuds roasted in oven - carrots and broccoli.

Right nice it was

tonight was pork tenderloin banged out - floured and salted fried for 8 min - roast spuds and carrots and greens.

And of course a fine red wine from Lidl :huh:

Dave