Pigeon Watch Charity Shoot - LOCATION

Teal

83 members have voted

1. 1. Which Location For the 2012 Charity Shoot?

• Doveridge
    • Orston

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The line has been drawn! The ground has been selected! Places of interest have been marked!

For further information check out the map: PW NvS Charity Shoot Website

A poll for dates is not far away....

/quote]

Gordon Bennet,according to the map I'm a Suvverner.I can live with that,I was born in Brighton.

If you magnify the map you will find Orston Shooting Ground marked on the map.

It is about 400yds past the postcode pin.

Vic.

Edited by VicW

The line has been drawn! The ground has been selected! Places of interest have been marked!

For further information check out the map: PW NvS Charity Shoot Website

A poll for dates is not far away....

Gordon Bennet,according to the map I'm a Suvverner.I can live with that,I was born in Brighton.

If you magnify the map you will find Orston Shooting Ground marked on the map.

It is about 400yds past the postcode pin.

Vic.

Vic, I tried moving the marker down the lane by using lat/long coordinates in place of the postcode, and while the marker moved, the overlay created when a route was requested still stopped short. It would appear that the coordinates were being silently converted back to a postcode by the google maps software. In the end I simply left it as it is.

I'm sure that the toxic afterglow generated by those participants who are staying overnight will provide sufficient guidance for the navigationally challenged.

I would have thought any weekend in May apart from the 11th-13th as that is the date of the catton hall rifle meet which is all booked as far as i know so it wouldnt be fair to intrude on that date.

Oh and the 5th is bank holiday weekend

:shaun:

20th May is the Benelli Sp'Auto comp.

Loads of PW members will be shooting that and they might not want two on the same weekend :hmm:

Any one want any details of where to stop I can point you in the right direction ,the travel lodge at Gonerby Moor is about 1 mile from the nearest pub but a very big hill.

The premier inn is at the local pub the "FARRIER" Which is very good but will soon be fully booked as soon as the date is released, if any one wants details of B&B please pm me both inns are about 6 miles from orston Grantham has a few small hotels the names are

The Kings Hotel

The Angel and Royal

The Avenue

Ramada

Belton Woods

The old Barn ( Marston out of town )

If you have to bring the other half she could spend a whole day at the Downtown superstore just Google it

Deershooter :good: :good: