Pigeon Watch Charity Shoot - LOCATION

Teal

83 members have voted

1. 1. Which Location For the 2012 Charity Shoot?

• Doveridge
    • Orston

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Ned Flanders would say "This is a doosey of a pickle" :lol:

I've shot Doveridge many times and for the PW needs it ticks all the boxes with the exception of the disabled/unfit/lazy friendly bit, the nickname for the top of the valley is "Heart Attack Hill"

Only shot Orston once and as all have said before the ground is as flat as a witch's ***, but like Doveridge it ticks all the other boxes for clubhouse, grub etc.

I think both grounds are capable of setting a course that is suitable for our needs, IMO need to be geared more for the pigeon/game/C class shooter than the AA boys like Cat, beretta, Azzurri et al. I would rather see the shoot won with a straight and the pigeon shooters in the 70s rather than a real tough layout with the average guys struggling in the 50s. Very difficult to pitch it right but either ground should be capable of doing it.

So on no other basis than I enjoyed my previous outing to Orston and gut feeling (and it's a very big gut!) I'm going to vote for Orston.

Potter

im another lazy over weight southerner who only likes to climb wooden hills !!

put me down for the flat one !

Ahhh the Norfolk mafia dont like hills...they get vertigo as soon as more than 20 metres above sea level

sure gram and dan could give you a piggy back then...

gone for Orston as its a bit nearer...

Bacon and Brie Toastie :good: Nom Nom Nom :D

Seeing as im not struck on cheese with my bacon, i will swap, you can have the cheese and i will have your bacon,

job jobbed

in fact the only things in a bacon sarnie should be either: eggs/mushrooms/tomatoes/more bacon or combinations of all 4

this doesnt take into account the BLT which is a stand alone sarnie (best served with cold crispy bacon and lashings of mayo) low fat of course ;)

:shaun:

Seeing as im not struck on cheese with my bacon, i will swap, you can have the cheese and i will have your bacon,

job jobbed

in fact the only things in a bacon sarnie should be either: eggs/mushrooms/tomatoes/more bacon or combinations of all 4

this doesnt take into account the BLT which is a stand alone sarnie (best served with cold crispy bacon and lashings of mayo) low fat of course ;)

:shaun:

PHILISTINE!!! :P