James May???

carpentermark

Is it just me or does anyone else think that James may is the biggest **** on the planet?

He talks about cars, gadgets, planes, bikes etc. which i am interested in, and im sure most everyday working class blokes/lads are but 'everyday' 'working class' 'bloke/lad' he aint!

I just cant listen to the man he is a middle class toffee nosed drivel talkin bore! Where has all the 'real' blokes gone off tv like Fred Dibnah, Jack Hargreaves etc? Although Ade Edmondson is doing a bit on yorkshire which is quite good.

Is it just me???????

:hmm:

Edited by carpentermark

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Years ago a chap called James Burke did similar science/history type programmes and I thought they were superb. (How one invention led to another and how one inventor would use a gadget in a slightly different way to acheive a completely different result).

I think May is trying to do the same thing but it just doesn't work.

Pity :no:

its not just the working class that like those things i find him quite entertaining and im not rich but then i love top gear :good:

In my opinion class has nothing to do with money! I could win the lottery but will always be working class.

I don't care how much money he has it's his attitude that bothers me. It's as if he's being condescending when he speaks, as if he feels he needs to 'dumb it down a bit' so we all understand, ****** me right off!

Is it just me or does anyone else think that James may is the biggest **** on the planet?

He talks about cars, gadgets, planes, bikes etc. which i am interested in, and im sure most everyday working class blokes/lads are but 'everyday' 'working class' 'bloke/lad' he aint!

I just cant listen to the man he is a middle class toffee nosed drivel talkin bore! Where has all the 'real' blokes gone off tv like Fred Dibnah, Jack Hargreaves etc? Although Ade Edmondson is doing a bit on yorkshire which is quite good.

Is it just me???????

Got a 'class' chip on your shoulder then? :rolleyes:

Not at all, no.

You're missing the point, i just dont like feeling like i'm being patronised!

Like i said, i might be wrong but it seems like he's trying too hard to be 'one of the lads' rather than just being himself?!

There, there, I'd explain it to you but you wouldn't understand............

Is it just me???????

Jack Hargreaves working class? Born in London. Lived in Soho, Hampsted and Chelsea. Major in the Army. Director of Southern TV. He may have presented a good programme and I don't doubt he knew his stuff but I wouldn't call him working class.

Adrian Edmondson's dad was the head of a grammar school and he went to Manchester University.

Very working class :lol:

Inverted-snobbery-tastic :good:

Yeah, I hate James May because he speaks nicely. What a ****** eh? I bet he can spell too. Talk about being posh and lording it about.

Lets stick Stephen Fry on the list - he's posh, speaks nice and clever. What a double ****** he is.

James May is a top bloke and damn funny with it. I just can't get to grips with the 'knock someone if I don't like em' mentality, no one is forced to watch what they don't like, or have you not worked out how to change channels or turn off yet. :lol: :lol: :hmm:

Adrian Edmondson's dad was the head of a grammar school and he went to Manchester University.

Very working class :lol:

Inverted-snobbery-tastic :good:

Yeah, I hate James May because he speaks nicely. What a ****** eh? I bet he can spell too. Talk about being posh and lording it about.

Lets stick Stephen Fry on the list - he's posh, speaks nice and clever. What a double ****** he is.

Ah but can he spell

I like James May AND Stephen Fry :unsure:

:shaun: