Pan frying pigeon breasts, what with?

paulmar

Hi fella, I find it's best to fry up your extras, onions, leeks [par-boiled] garlic etc first, then fry the breasts, remove when cooked, then put onions/leeks/garlic back in the pan, add some flavouring/sauce if required, deglaze with a splash wine, then tip contents of pan onto breasts,,,, boiled new potatoes and petit-pois, ground black pepper over the lot,,,, delish :good::D

atb

Chris

Edited by JKD

For a starter:- Use a heavy pan or griddle and get it really hot, allow a slice of black pudding and a pigeon breast per person, also allow a disc of good british eating apple per person. Lightly oil the pan, and get it HOT fry the pigeon breast dfor no more than three minutes a side ansd set aside to rest, fry the black pudding and carmalise the apple ring. Stack on the plate as Black pudding, apple ring , pigeon breast.

That is an excellent starter and at 3 minutes the pigeon is as tender as the best fillet steak.

To make this into a main course serve with Irish Chump or Collcannon mash for which there are plenty of recipes available in the internet.

Blackpowder

I deglaze the pan with port after frying the pigeon with butter, oil and garlic, and whilst the pigeon is resting, cook down the sauce, adding more butter and fresh parsley.

Frying quince slices works well with this too.

Edited by amateur

Just a tip, but I find it best to get the pan very hot then add sunflower oil (or some other high temp oil) as olive oil and butter burn very quickly and you can end up with a very smokey room and a burned butter taste.

A warm pigeon Caesar salad is amazing; mixed salad leaves, Caesar sauce, crispy streaky bacon, croutons and parmisan shavings with panfried breast (sliced after cooking) on top. Fantastic.

Just a tip, but I find it best to get the pan very hot then add sunflower oil (or some other high temp oil) as olive oil and butter burn very quickly and you can end up with a very smokey room and a burned butter taste.

A warm pigeon Caesar salad is amazing; mixed salad leaves, Caesar sauce, crispy streaky bacon, croutons and parmisan shavings with panfried breast (sliced after cooking) on top. Fantastic.

That sounds very jolly as it happens!!