62 yards pigeon

ben456

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ben, dont let half these guys get to you. half of them still think that the HMR is for boar shooting at 300 yards.

AA S400 is a very capable rifle. i use to shoot the s410 out to 65 meters with no worries. much more then the energy has dropped off to much to guarantee a humane kill. use to shoot heads of nails free standing at 35 meters. cant do it now as its all i can do to stand.

I learnt a long time ago that most of the moaners on here are either wannabes, keyboards shooters or jealous that they cant be as good. the rest i just ignore till i need something from them :D:lol:

I had some time to kill so i was a sad man.hehe.

.177 Air Arms running at 12ft/lb with Air Arms Diabolo Fields 8.44gn

at muzzle on its limit of 12ft/lbs it will have 5.27ft/lb or 530ft/sec velocity @65 meters

With a zero at 40 meters you will have a hold over of 5.809 Inch with a scope cross of the centre of bore being 1.8 inch.

think i need to get a life. :blush:

thanks activeviii :good: When i have the time i will do a video ar 65 yards im very busy at the moment doing out my new house but it should be this week some time and i got my rifle croned today at the power is 11.4 so for them who don't think the enough energy in the gun to get human kills at 65 yards your wrong it will be proved this week :good::good:

thanks activeviii :good: When i have the time i will do a video ar 65 yards im very busy at the moment doing out my new house but it should be this week some time and i got my rifle croned today at the power is 11.4 so for them who don't think the enough energy in the gun to get human kills at 65 yards your wrong it will be proved this week :good::good:

Human kills...... :ermm:

Edited by Chard

I have been shot with an air rifle at less than 65 yds and it didn't kill me.

Must be all about pellet placement.

have to admit there was a definite lack of respect for the quarry at the time (assuming they wouldn't have shot me if they'd had more respect for me) and wounding was indeed a problem at that range. It wounded both my thigh and my ego (ego more than thigh if truth be told. Jolly well hurt mind!

Of course this was an awful long time ago and probably a BSA Meteor rather than Air Arms finest (luckily)