Airline seat protocol

scolopax

So whats the script with reclining the seat ? Personally I find it incredibly bad manners to drop your head rest almost into the lap of the person behind you, but obviously others do not think the same. I can understand it on a night flight etc but for a bog standard day time flight I find such actions very selfish.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they wernt ment to recline then they wouldn't! Saying that I always move it forward when the food comes out, unless I'm asleep and dribbling on the fat blokes shoulder next to me!!

Royal

i'm sure we met on a flight back from corfu ...you must remember i was the fat fella that poked you in the eye and you tripped on the stairs getting off because you could not see properly :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

true story :good:

I paid for the seat so I decide if it reclines...the person behind has the option to recline thier seat to compensate.

I have had a couple of people try to stick thier knees into the seat purposely but I just get up and have a word with them.

Regards,

Gixer

Edited by gixer1

I paid for the seat so I decide if it reclines...the person behind has the option to recline thier seat to compensate.

I have had a couple of people try to stick thier knees into the seat purposely but I just get up and have a word with them.

Regards,

Gixer

Having a word with them will only lead to you being told by the stewardess you can't sleep on someone else's lap for 5 hours :yes: . You can recline into someone else's space as long as they don't object.

Having a word with them will only lead to you being told by the stewardess you can't sleep on someone else's lap for 5 hours :yes: . You can recline into someone else's space as long as they don't object.

Well, I've been flying for most of my working life and I've never once heard that.

Where did you hear that?

Regards,

Gixer

Last flight i was on the woman behind kept kneeing my seat because i had reclined it :angry: she soon stopped when i leant over and told her husband how it was going to effect him :lol:

If it was my missus it would have effected you more :yes: :yes:

Regards,

Gixer

Do you feel lucky punk ??? - no really do you :lol: :o :devil:

Well it's come up once or twice and it invariably leads to the recliner being told the reclinee is in the right. Think about for a minute, you don't honestly think you have the right to the space right in front of the guy's nose do you?

Errrr...I expect to be entitled to use the features on the seat I paid for.

I think you may have got this one wrong mate...

Regards,

Gixer

Yes but there is 22 stone and there is 22 stone!!! One of which hangs over everybody Else's seat where as the other just fills their own seat!!

Royal

your right,im just big and unfortunately because the blooby airlines as the train lines don't cater for big people i prefer to travel in my big gas guzzler.my wife find it more stressful that i do i would just suffer in silence (gentle giant syndrome) or just avoid it all together.Ive got a brother in Perth WA but the thought of 22 hrs on a plane is just to much,of course the other alternative is business class or 1st class but why should i pay premium for being BIG

of course the other alternative is business class or 1st class but why should i pay premium for being BIG

One of the advantages of being a chunky munky is that I tend to get upgraded a fair bit, certainly on business travel where i fly on my own a lot.

Always worth asking at check in