Best piece of decoying equipment.

I wouldn't be without my freebie 25 litre drum, plus high density foam cushion! Took the foam from two large sofa cushions I found on a skip. I have enough for another three hide cushions, and use some as a rest, when zeroing in my rifles. Let's hear it for recycling!!!

I wouldn't be without my freebie 25 litre drum, plus high density foam cushion! Took the foam from two large sofa cushions I found on a skip. I have enough for another three hide cushions, and use some as a rest, when zeroing in my rifles. Let's hear it for recycling!!!

SKIP MONSTER, fare play, the bloke who taught me to plaster threw me in every skip going to Se if there was any thing good in there. me it would be the whirly

This skip was only three doors away, so it was just asking to be pillaged. Pigeon shooters are well known as gadget freaks and make-do-and-mend misers. I rarely use my magic roundabout, and only occasionally use a flapper. Most of the time I start with 10 dead birds, plus plenty of field craft, and regular reconnaissance.

If you think about it I suppose the best piece of pigeon decoying equipment is your brain! Too many people set up and hope for the best when they should be thinking about the situation,and minimising the variables, while using fieldcraft to put themselves in an advantageous position.

I would also be lost without my binoculars. They tell me where the birds are, where they are coming from and going to, where the sitty trees are, which direction the birds use to land, etc. etc. I would rather be without my plush seat than my binos.

This skip was only three doors away, so it was just asking to be pillaged. Pigeon shooters are well known as gadget freaks and make-do-and-mend misers. I rarely use my magic roundabout, and only occasionally use a flapper. Most of the time I start with 10 dead birds, plus plenty of field craft, and regular reconnaissance.

a man after my own heart :):yes::lol:

try going back to basics, go minimalist

very satisfying

do you not look at all that gear your lugging around sometimes

and think what the **** am i doing

I must agree guys a comfortable seat is a must :no:

Yes, I agree. My metal 5-gallon drum (as used by Archie Coates until his dodgy hip got worse and some S.A.S. friends made a special seat for him) is the one thing I couldnt do without. Clipper.

• 2 weeks later...

Never forget to take my father, he always knows the flightlines, knows where to put the decoys out, makes me carry everything including his gun/carts etc. Insists on having a brew every 30 mins, and a pee 5 mins after that. always has a story when it goes quiet, and always, always shoots more than me.

When I was 12 he always insisted I go out shooting with him, now I am 40 I do the same.

Never forget to take my father, he always knows the flightlines, knows where to put the decoys out, makes me carry everything including his gun/carts etc. Insists on having a brew every 30 mins, and a pee 5 mins after that. always has a story when it goes quiet, and always, always shoots more than me.

When I was 12 he always insisted I go out shooting with him, now I am 40 I do the same.

:lol:???:/ excellent and true :/:lol: