Anyone ever seen a ghost??

Archie-fox

what did you write in the poem?

Hmmm.......

There was a young girl from Bucks.......

I'm not going there :lol:

It's easy to mock those that have experienced the unexplained but I will not. I had an awful few months living on my own in an old tied cottage in Taunton. The things I witnessed made me question among othet thing my own sanity. When I was on the point of rationalising the goings on the evenings got a bit lighter and I started exploring the out buildings. Wish I hadn't. I could not get out of chuffing Somerset quick enough. One of the 'apparitions' that I witnessed there appeared in my parents home a few weeks after I had got out. I thought I was having a nervous breakdown but at 20 that was unlikely and I had no reason to. My mother who is very funny about things like this had an experience (at the same time as I did in her house) whilst at work in the middle of Ashford International station concourse. Horrible times.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Archie I have got a very true story in fact was thinkinig about it today,

Me and the wife had our first baby about 2 months old my nan passed away 16 months before anyway we were sitting downstairs with the baby monitor on watching the tv, all of a sudden I heard from the monitor Sophie hello Sophie (my babs name) it was clear as a bell i looked at my wife and she said that was your nan I turned to her and said thank you I thought I had cracked up.

It was a magical experience and will never never forget it so yes I do believe ;)

Fear not, I also questioned your sanity in a children's centre in the Cotswolds :lol:

Hmmm.......

There was a young girl from Bucks.......

I'm not going there :lol:

It's easy to mock those that have experienced the unexplained but I will not. I had an awful few months living on my own in an old tied cottage in Taunton. The things I witnessed made me question among othet thing my own sanity. When I was on the point of rationalising the goings on the evenings got a bit lighter and I started exploring the out buildings. Wish I hadn't. I could not get out of chuffing Somerset quick enough. One of the 'apparitions' that I witnessed there appeared in my parents home a few weeks after I had got out. I thought I was having a nervous breakdown but at 20 that was unlikely and I had no reason to. My mother who is very funny about things like this had an experience (at the same time as I did in her house) whilst at work in the middle of Ashford International station concourse. Horrible times.

what did you see? was it like this

405845.jpg

what did you see? was it like this

405845.jpg

:lol: :lol: No, thats the Mrs at her first communion.

Not at all. Wasn't vivid, it was just a dark form, it was the feelings of utter despair that accompanied it that put the bejesus up me. When my mother had her turn one of her team mates clocked it as well. She didn't tell me until months afterwards and that was when I realised it was the same time and evening that the 'entity' had appeared in the house. It makes me feel a bit weird thinking about it.

Edited by ack-ack

Hmmm.......There was a young girl from Bucks.......I'm not going there :lol: It's easy to mock those that have experienced the unexplained but I will not. I had an awful few months living on my own in an old tied cottage in Taunton. The things I witnessed made me question among othet thing my own sanity. When I was on the point of rationalising the goings on the evenings got a bit lighter and I started exploring the out buildings. Wish I hadn't. I could not get out of chuffing Somerset quick enough. One of the 'apparitions' that I witnessed there appeared in my parents home a few weeks after I had got out. I thought I was having a nervous breakdown but at 20 that was unlikely and I had no reason to. My mother who is very funny about things like this had an experience (at the same time as I did in her house) whilst at work in the middle of Ashford International station concourse. Horrible times.

What did you see mate??

What did you see mate??

Most of the activity occurred in rooms other than the one I was in at the time. The kitchen was its most popular venue. Stuff would go missing around the whole house and then appear somewhere very obvious that I had already looked but this can be explained away by tiredness, forgetfulness etc. Items breaking were less easy to explain. After washing up one night a pyrex dish crashed to the floor whilst I was in the lounge. The kitchen window was open so I attributed this to a cat or fox that had come in but the chuffing thing was at least 10 ft away from the draining board. The one that really got me was the night the pint glass that I put all the cutlery in to drain went over. I was watching TV, fire blazing and I could hear cutlery hitting the floor. I shot in there to see the last item come to rest and the pint glass in the middle of the table rocking on its side. It must have taken 4 or 5 seconds for everything to land on the floor, it was not instant. There was nothing that could explain this as all the windows were shut and the pint glass remained 2 ft away from the edge of the table. There were foot steps heard, I heard wood being chopped in an out building (which was locked) and banging on the walls. The latter I assumed was a branch or the like hitting the building in the wind but the next evening when I did a quick scoot around the building there was nothing touching it or even near. The house used to be the cook house for the estate and it was partially surrounded by three walled gardens one of which had a huge victorian glass house along the southern aspect. There was a bell on the side of the house that would be rung when it was chow time back in the day. One evening before it got dark I sat on an old trailer some distance away and had 5 minutes twanging it with air gun pellets. A few nights later the chuffing thing rang in the early hours. I'd seen it holding fast in a force 7 wind and it was still as could be that night. I refused to acknowledge any of this though I did start thinking about the events more and more whilst I was about my work.

I remained in denial until I had the one on one with the dark form. Thats all that I can describe it as. It was approximately 6ft. It was visible for at least 30 seconds. I had time to look at my watch half in the hope that when I resumed the confrontation it would be gone but it was even closer when I looked up. At the time I could not shut my eyes and I stared right at it. I was aware that the TV and fire were very muffled and all i could hear was my own pulse banging in my ears. I still had a lit fag in hand and a lighter in the other and I could feel these. I could clearly see the left overs from dinner on the side and the TV guide aside it. I was very much conscious. When the thing went I felt tears running down my cheeks and thats when I legged it round the house and put all the lights on, jumped in the car and spent the next three hours driving around Taunton wondering what to do. I went home when the tank got down to reserve.

I didn't experience much more after that, though when myself and a visiting mate started exploring one evening we found a considerable amount of occultist type paraphernalia and etchings in floors and walls in one of the buildings directly adjacent to my house. I jacked a week later and came home to find new work to complete my sandwich year which I did but I still failed the chuffing thing .

On return to college in the SU bar I saw the student who had been on the placement the year prior to me. I asked him if he had experienced anything odd and he seemed a bit sheepish but apparently had not.

I have not had the willies up me since but am open to sensible offers.

Most of the activity occurred in rooms other than the one I was in at the time. The kitchen was its most popular venue. Stuff would go missing around the whole house and then appear somewhere very obvious that I had already looked but this can be explained away by tiredness, forgetfulness etc. Items breaking were less easy to explain. After washing up one night a pyrex dish crashed to the floor whilst I was in the lounge. The kitchen window was open so I attributed this to a cat or fox that had come in but the chuffing thing was at least 10 ft away from the draining board. The one that really got me was the night the pint glass that I put all the cutlery in to drain went over. I was watching TV, fire blazing and I could hear cutlery hitting the floor. I shot in there to see the last item come to rest and the pint glass in the middle of the table rocking on its side. It must have taken 4 or 5 seconds for everything to land on the floor, it was not instant. There was nothing that could explain this as all the windows were shut and the pint glass remained 2 ft away from the edge of the table. There were foot steps heard, I heard wood being chopped in an out building (which was locked) and banging on the walls. The latter I assumed was a branch or the like hitting the building in the wind but the next evening when I did a quick scoot around the building there was nothing touching it or even near. The house used to be the cook house for the estate and it was partially surrounded by three walled gardens one of which had a huge victorian glass house along the southern aspect. There was a bell on the side of the house that would be rung when it was chow time back in the day. One evening before it got dark I sat on an old trailer some distance away and had 5 minutes twanging it with air gun pellets. A few nights later the chuffing thing rang in the early hours. I'd seen it holding fast in a force 7 wind and it was still as could be that night. I refused to acknowledge any of this though I did start thinking about the events more and more whilst I was about my work. I remained in denial until I had the one on one with the dark form. Thats all that I can describe it as. It was approximately 6ft. It was visible for at least 30 seconds. I had time to look at my watch half in the hope that when I resumed the confrontation it would be gone but it was even closer when I looked up. At the time I could not shut my eyes and I stared right at it. I was aware that the TV and fire were very muffled and all i could hear was my own pulse banging in my ears. I still had a lit fag in hand and a lighter in the other and I could feel these. I could clearly see the left overs from dinner on the side and the TV guide aside it. I was very much conscious. When the thing went I felt tears running down my cheeks and thats when I legged it round the house and put all the lights on, jumped in the car and spent the next three hours driving around Taunton wondering what to do. I went home when the tank got down to reserve.I didn't experience much more after that, though when myself and a visiting mate started exploring one evening we found a considerable amount of occultist type paraphernalia and etchings in floors and walls in one of the buildings directly adjacent to my house. I jacked a week later and came home to find new work to complete my sandwich year which I did but I still failed the chuffing thing . On return to college in the SU bar I saw the student who had been on the placement the year prior to me. I asked him if he had experienced anything odd and he seemed a bit sheepish but apparently had not. I have not had the willies up me since but am open to sensible offers.

mate thats mad!!!! i would have been out of there like a shot...

Fear not, I also questioned your sanity in a children's centre in the Cotswolds :lol:

Matey I would of walked to the nearest ward and booked myself in lol if it was not for my wife hearing the same, but hey I ain't got to prove nothing we both know what we heard and that all that matters :)

I swear on my babys life my story is correct ;)

Edited by clubb699

Went up to Braidwood to shoot the Scottish Open a few years ago and to save getting a hotel me and my mrs stayed with a friend who had a keepering job near to Braidwood, his cottage was very isolated to say the least,only accessable up a long rocky track by 4x4.

On the evening we all went out to a local hotel for a meal,I didn't drink as I was shooting in the morning.

On leaving the hotel the weather closed in with horizontal rain and strong wind so I was glad to return to the cottage...

After a cuppa me and my mrs went off to the bedroom we were using for the night,it was a large room at the rear of the house with a smaller unfurnished room with the door to it in the corner of the bedroom.We drifted off to sleep listening to the foul weather outside until a few hours later (the weather had calmed by then) I was awoken by heavy footsteps,the kind of footsteps leather soled shoes make on a wooden floor,at first I thought I was dreaming but the footsteps carried on,8 paces one way then 8 the other.I wasn't too bothered but was starting to brick a bit but what really freaked me was when the door to the smaller room opened then closed and as this door closed the main bedroom door opened and vice versa at the same time as the constant pacing up and down was going on.

The really wierd thing about all this was that when I opened and closed these two doors the next morning they didn't squeek at all and there was a carpet on the floor in the smaller room !!!!

After we'd shot the following day my mrs asked my friend,who lived alone in this cottage, if he'd ever had anything strange happen in the house and he said 'no,don't be daft' so we didn't say anything more and began our journey home.

A few weeks later my friend phoned up asking why my mrs had asked the question so I told him of our night at his place,then he told me that he'd been in the village and talked to an old boy who was born in the cottage and lived there well into his adult life.

The old boy told my friend you wouldn't believe the things that have happened in that cottage over the years...

Azzurri

once saw my mum standing at the end of my bed 4 years after she passed away.i just woke up looked at her,she looked real and and " solid "...she then moved towards me above the bed and dissapeared through the wall behind me....i never mentioned it to anyone,several years later my cousin said to me he had exactly the same experience with my mum and she did exaactly the same to him...he didnt tell me cos he said it might upset me....

for a while i used to go out of the house and when i got back all the lights would be on,television on...i got my missus to be to switch the lights off while i waited in the car,sure enough when we got back the lights were on

i came home one night and the back door keys hanging on a hook by the back door were jammed under the front door when i tried to open it

very odd..when i got married it all stopped

mikky

About 25 years ago my girlfriend and i saw two Roundheads come down a flight of stairs and walk past us as we sat in the back lounge of a local village pub.

Through the archway was the public bar and the toilets but the only exit was back through the lounge, now these roundheads did not leave, were not in the public bar and were not in the toilet 5 minutes later when i went.

It only dawned on me that this could be some kind of phenomena when i asked my girlfriend if the roundheads came through the lounge and went back up stairs and she said no!

Ian.

I'm from a farming family and we own a few haunted houses.

Never seen a ghost but a couple of my cousins tell me of odd goings on, there are ghosts in their houses without doubt.

These are ordinary sensible mature folk who have no reason to be fanciful or make stuff up. It is just one of those things as far as they are concerned and I am quite happy to believe them.

They have all experienced folk at the end of the bed, strange lights, objects moving, stuff rearranged etc. None of it scary, but can't be explained away.

I believe some people are more pre-disposed to this kind of experience than others.

I was riding into work last week on my push bike, early morning (for me) through the back lanes between Blackmore and Highwood. As I came around a bend into Highwood I saw a flash of "something" leaving the road - it looked like "something" on the back of a horse and from where I was initially disappeared between the trees. I did wonder to myself what on earth was that.

Anyway as I progressed I in fact discovered there was a track where this "something" had disappeared. As I passed the track I saw that there was in fact a high sided MPV in a whitish / pink colour moving away from the main road down the track. So the "something" I had glimpsed turned out to be a car, not something on a horse and it must have been a combination of light, overhead trees, the brief glimpse and perhaps my state of mind that led me to consider the experience as weird.

Now, if I hadn't been able to explain the experience by subsequently seeing the car (perhaps if it had turned off the track before I got level) I would have had a choice to make - i) dismiss it as nothing ii) consider it a paranormal experience.

Regardless of seeing the car or not I would have plumped for i) and not given it a further thought whereas I am sure a percentage of other people would have plumped for ii).

Edited by Raja Clavata