Gay marraige in church.

Frenchieboy

"Gay Marraiges" in Church.  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Should the church allow "Gay Narraiges?

• YES
    • NO

I voted no ,call me old fashioned but a man should marry a woman.

Having said that I think if you ran this poll on a forum for air stewards rather than one for shooters you may well get a different winner ;)

Having said that it seems strange that the church is so against it because it would seem to the uneducated such as myself many of the vicars / priests would be clandestine members of the air stewards forum.

But the church has done a lot over the years for young boys , for instance I used to play in the local sunday school football team in which the vicar was manager, could never really understand why we had to play naked though :hmm: , at least he was enthusiastic though he was always shouting out "nice tackle lads" from the touchline :yes:

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i found this on a forum its quite amusing

Maybe this sums it all up in a nutshell of why things don't quite work as religion intended:

On her radio show, Dr Laura Schlesinger ( America 's most popular talk show host) - said that, as an observant Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22, and cannot be condoned under any circumstance.

The following response is an open letter to Dr. Laura and posted on the Internet.

Dear Dr. Laura.................

None of them are laws, they are rules for living as God`s chosen nation, Israel, therefore of no use in a debate on gay marriage in the CHURCH, if it was about gay marriage in the SYNAGOGUE, that's another matter.

It should be left to churches to decide if they wish to or not. If this brings about the separation of church and state, that would be a good thing. It would free the church to run itself as it pleases rather than having government interference. Only a very small minority of the population attend an Anglican church beyond weddings, christenings and funerals so the established church is irrelevant. Let government decide the law and the churches set their own policies in line with their beliefs, as long as it does not conflict with the law of the land (no stonings for adultery or burning witches). Of those (not just here) who express strong views, I wonder how many are regular churchgoers?

Nick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuK9pxjBwX8

Gay marriage? Why not? I couldn't give a monkey's. I think the rest of us all get fed up of other people interfering in our lives and telling us what we may or may not do. I'm sure every person on here rolls their eyes at the ignorance shown by antis whenever they try to have shooting/guns banned, because they have judged it by their own standards. It has no impact on me if two gay people want to get married and I can't see how it would affect anybody else.

In churches? On the face of it, I'd be uncomfortable about telling a church what services it may or may not conduct. But, when religious bodies in this country receive generous tax exemptions then I think it becomes more of a grey area. The Church of England is also vastly different, IMHO. It has always been a church of compromise - we all know it was first established in order to permit behaviour that the church previously prohibited. The CofE also stands aside from others by having its senior members sitting in our House of Lords and its head being our Head of State. If the church wishes to be independent and make its own decisions about what practices it follows, then it should not expect to be subsidised by the very people it judges and should not be involved in the law-making process over those people. They can't have their cake and eat it.

It's my opinion religion was largely created and used to control people, their thoughts , behaviour and of course fear.

But it didn`t work, from Saul onwards the Israelite nation(s) turned from religion until they were invaded firstly in 722BCE (fall of Israel) and 586BCE (Fall of Judea/Jerusalem). It could also be argued that this also continued, off and on, until the religion became just hollow practices and Christ came to show the way.

i think homosexuals getting married in a church is wrong. it goes against gods commands, there is no two ways about it, and to marry gays in gods house is in my opinion a bad move. if they want to get married thats fine, there are far worse things going on on our doorsteps just dont make a mockery of the christian faith by doing it in a church.

The problem with allowing churches to contuct gay marriages is that it will mean any church refusing to would be discriminating, and open to legal challenges, so therefore by keeping the legal situations that no church may conduct a civil partnerships or the future proposed marragies it allows over religions to operate according the dictates of thier own believes, something I think is important. Because something is natuaral does it make it right? we often hear that homosexuality is natural as it is observed in the animal kingdom, I keep a varied of animals and yes I have seen male pigs mount other male pigs, I have seen female pigs mount male pigs (don't know what she hoped to achive) When my goat gets in with the pigs he will mount any of them! So the urge to mount and mate with anything is strong in the animal kingdom , but does not make it right! And lets not forget ducks, the only animal to reproduce by gang rape.

I look at it this way. The church has its rules and regs like any other society, club or group. if you do not approve of those rules and regs then don't join.

Live and let live I say. But I do like to read the comments from those who attend church every week and live by the Bible. I hope you put a few bob in the plate every week Frenchie.