Proper guns have wooden stocks

Harnser

So you dont like the plastic fantastics then Harnser?! They both have their use's,but yes-i do prefer a nice bit of grain.

The most talked about and the most offered for sale gun on this forum looks like it has an old wellie boot on the end of it .

Harnser.

yes but the red deer are verging being big enough to be hard to miss up your way ;)

I saw a stag today walk out of a small spinny and with out any exaggeration I bet he was close on 500 pound on the hoof . He would have been bullet proof to any thing less than a .270 . He was big enough to put a saddle on .

Harnser .

I saw a stag today walk out of a small spinny and with out any exaggeration I bet he was close on 500 pound on the hoof . He would have been bullet proof to any thing less than a .270 . He was big enough to put a saddle on .

Harnser .

A .243 to the head would drop him. I'm not advocating it but he wouldn't have been bullet proof :yp:

.270 is a fine round though :good:

My foxing rifle is synthetic and I do like it for it's simplicity but I agree wood is better. It just looks right and generally plastic is a bit pants isn't it?!

My appreciation of natural materials goes further than guns. I really dislike most things synthetic, my biggest hate being Crocks (rubber sandles made of recycled tyres or something). Not for me thanks, I'll stick with leather!

Back to guns nothing I have beats my Tikka 595. It's got a rosewood end cap on the stock and a lovely grain. But then if I drop that like I did my A-Bolt the other week then I may actually cry! :yes:

Harnser .

My 6.5 could have knocked it over loverly.