Movies you'd like to see made.

Dr_Scholl

Rita, Sue and Bob too!

" WAHEY!!!!!, YOU TELL 'EM BOB....UP THE IRA!!!" :lol: That was a wrongun that file, though when the Ex left I did enjoy recreating the last scene each night only with dogs instead of strumpets! . They were never allowed on the bed before that!

I would love to see "Popski's private army" (the story of Vladimir Peniakof) made into a film though doubt it would be possible to do it in one hit as the subject matter is vast. There is scope for a trilogy. Any body who has read the book will know that its one of the most extraordinary episodes of WW2.

I would like to see a few more films on WWII. I don't feel it has been covered properly yet. I would particularly like to see more films about the bombers and some of there more general runs rather than things like the bouncing bomb.I also think now would be the time to do it while the veterans are still around to talk their story.

Edited by hendersons

More films on ww1 I'd like to see as I have seen hardly any. If anyone knows of some good ones please let me know!

Yep;I too would like to see some GOOD WWI films,based on fact.There are one or two out there,but nothing that has really made people stand up and take notice.Passchendaele was turned into a romance,but had some gritty moments;The Trench was a good opportunity missed;the remake of All Quiet etc was abysmal;War Horse was dire,and Gallipoli was about the only decent one made.

The scope for the genre of good war movies is almost limitless regarding the First World War.There are many first-hand accounts available just waiting to be turned into screenplays...Lyn MacDonald alone is a major source.