Taking the lead on lead shot

al4x

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst we seem so beholden to the European dictators I don't hold out much hope for this petition.

However I have sent it to my local MEP's as I do feel everyone should make their voice heard, and FACE are such a secretive organisation that I don't trust them to fight on our behalf.

I would have liked to see the petition worded differently and made more of the fact that EVERYONE will be affected by any extra legislation, not just game shooters. I suspect far more people shoot pest species rather than game birds, and as usual this doesn't get a mention. Clay shooters probably shoot more lead than all others put together, yet only get a brief mention.

Overall, well done to the CA for making an effort and being seen to be doing something.

Done, and yes, agree that the wording needs sorting, no mention of economically viable non-toxic alternatives being ballistically inferior or some such. Strikes me this sort of awareness needs to highlight/bullet point ALL the headlines to give food for thought.

Reply today:

Dear (me by name)

Thank you for emailing me regarding the issue of the European Chemicals Agency’s (ECHA’s) investigation into lead in ammunition.

I, like you, believe that there is a lack of evidence that lead in ammunition has any impact either on human health or to the environment. The UK has a long tradition of recreational shotgun, game, shooting and inland shooting.

I whole-heartedly support your campaign and believe that this current investigation is a threat to our countryside economy. I will do my utmost to prevent any European legislation interfering with our tradition.

Kind regards

Ashley Fox MEP

Recieved this morning.

Dear Mr ......

Thank you for alerting me to this. I will make contact with the Countryside Alliance asap to find out the details. Game shooting is a key part of our heritage, vital part of our rural economy and part of why our countryside is kept so beautiful.

Vicky

Vicky Ford MEP

:good:

Recieved this morning.

Dear Mr ......

Thank you for alerting me to this. I will make contact with the Countryside Alliance asap to find out the details. Game shooting is a key part of our heritage, vital part of our rural economy and part of why our countryside is kept so beautiful.

Vicky

Vicky Ford MEP

:good:

Like wise. :good: