All change at Worsley (MCSC)

Penfolio

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Potter,

I was really trying to say that David Lloyd seems to do a good job of spoiling a good business. In my opinion only of course. :D :D :D

Still can't agree Salopian, he has a good business, club members & corporate/stag stuff. He doesn't need what we want i.e. registered competition shoots. If he gets it right sure he'll make a bit more profit but that will be wiped out if a registered shoot ****** off a couple of regular club members who see all those comp entries clogging up "their" ground.

Must admit though he (DL)seems to be going all round the houses to get registered competition shoots re-established. I've been a vociferous critic of the place over the past 3 or 4 years, think I went to most of the reg comps there in that time and with a combination of breakdowns and daft targets I couldn't believe I kept on going back!!

Went to the last open comp there and I thought they were nearly there, ground looking good, minor trap issues dealt with quickly and efficiently, targets not stupid but lacking a bit of imagination IMHO (just a pity I shot like a ***** really) but was looking forward to the next one. Now it's all change again with new staff who have no obvious background in Sporting but I'm falling into my own trap here, registered competition shooting is not what Worsley or any of the "big" grounds are all about. The money is in the xyz corporation holding it's staff training days there and 15 lads on a stag do firing 25 shots each for the same sort of money we would pay for a 100 bird comp and no referees to firstly find and then pay!

So you may be right when you say DL appears to be making a fist of putting Worsley back on the registered circuit (well without a long list of complainants anyway) but I doubt if the ground is any less profitable for it. after all this I won't be there on Sunday as it clashes with the Cheshire sporting c/ship at Fauxdegla and as I'm from God's own county and not some heathen from the North I'll be in Wales!!!! on Sunday. I'll get booted off Team Vaseline if I dodge anymore local shoots.

Potter

As a keen novice and a recent club member spending as much time as possible on the targets.

I and a friend entered this weeks club comp to find it running along side a registered shoot.

After four frustrating stands getting pushed out of the way and made to feel a hindrance.

We gave up as the registered shoot had more priority.

Feeling bitter to say the least we went to complain and finished with cashing our targets and memberships in,

vowing to spend our time and money else ware in protest to the organisation .

Such a shame the ground and the chilli and chips are spot on. :sly:

As a keen novice and a recent club member spending as much time as possible on the targets.

I and a friend entered this weeks club comp to find it running along side a registered shoot.

After four frustrating stands getting pushed out of the way and made to feel a hindrance.

Feeling bitter to say the least we went to complain and finished with cashing our targets and memberships in,

They have 1-2 registered shoots per year. What exactly was the problem?

Get over it, they only hold about one registered comp a year. :rolleyes:

You can't be that keen if you just packed up and took your bat and ball home :rolleyes:

As you say Registered Shooters do have priority so I fail to see what the problem is :yes:

You should have just shot the members comp yesterday instead :hmm:

Azzurri

Such a shame the ground and the chilli and chips are spot on.

i had quite the opposite as we got held up by four club/corporate shooters who were shooting. we waited the few minutes till our turn and carried on. have you never waited for anything and as for getting 'pushed' out of the way, i doubt that.

Edited by beretta

As newbies they can't be used to waiting at busy grounds. I didn't think there was much hold up on any stands five mins at the most on the busiest. It was nice talking to some PW peeps today and putting a few more names to faces. Enjoyed the ground but found the targets not to my liking :lol: because I couldn't hit most of the floppy droppy ones.Good darts by Nicky T today well shot.

Figgy

I entered the registered and the members comp and shot them both at the same time. This caused me no end of internal conflict so I went for a cup of tea and a scone half way round. :blink: <_<;)

You could have entered on a CPSA day pass, paid £40 plus instead of the £25 members rate and shot with all the importance of a registered shooter. To be honest MCSC bent over backwards in allowing you to shoot without the day pass and letting you use your members card instead, most grounds would have made you pay the comp rate and shoot it as a registered shoot.

It’s only one day, hardly worth shunning a ground over.

I don't get the whole Worsley bashing. I'm new to the sport, I like turning up and having a go in a relaxed atmosphere - I like the stag dos, I like people having a laugh - it helps me to relax and miss clays with style. It was nice seeing all the shooters having a go today - even though I stuck to the practice area with the lad. Surely if there's loads of people blocking up stands you return on Wednesday when its really empty?

Thanks to Nicky T for the carts! The lad enjoyed thrashing me with them!

Edited by dunnoh

Went down today to see what its like on a competition day being new to the sport, I was stood watching, out of the way on stand 11 for a good hour or so as I knew the lad referring that stand & I didn't see many people waiting more than a a few minutes tbh. Wish I had more free time today probably would of have gave it a go myself!

I entered the registered and the members comp and shot them both at the same time. This caused me no end of internal conflict so I went for a cup of tea and a scone half way round. :blink: <_<;)

You could have entered on a CPSA day pass, paid £40 plus instead of the £25 members rate and shot with all the importance of a registered shooter. To be honest MCSC bent over backwards in allowing you to shoot without the day pass and letting you use your members card instead, most grounds would have made you pay the comp rate and shoot it as a registered shoot.

It’s only one day, hardly worth shunning a ground over.

[i would have been more than happy with an email before hand saying the ground was closed to members .

Or even told at the time of entry what to expect.]

Edited by newby1

I would have been more than happy with an email before hand saying the ground was closed to members .

Or even told at the time of entry what to expect.]

I was behind the booking in desk all whilst entries were open (approx 9.30 - 1pm) and everyone booking in as members,bar none, was informed of the implications of having the registered shoot on at MCSC today.

Out of interest, when you queued up for each stand did you hand your score cards into the ref when you arrived, or did you assume that once those present had shot it would be your turn to shoot? :hmm:

Don't forget to mention to the future lucky recipients of your membership money, that it is a condition of your joining them that nobody else is allowed near the place when you're shooting....

That should go down well :lol:

I was behind the booking in desk all whilst entries were open (approx 9.30 - 1pm) and everyone booking in as members,bar none, was informed of the implications of having the registered shoot on at MCSC today.

Out of interest, when you queued up for each stand did you hand your score cards into the ref when you arrived, or did you assume that once those present had shot it would be your turn to shoot? :hmm:

[it was a mixture , some ref's did not want your card as not part of the shoot,

shooters by passed with there cards,if you waited in turn you may as well been invisible,

some ref's pressed for clays but you marked your self, no order at all, can't blame the shooters it should have been a registered shoot only