Any boxers on pw?

Sharpshooter.123

Ex-boxer myself- boxing has to be about you and you alone. my regrets are two and slightly contradictory now i am a little too old for it anymore. 1. i ever started 2. i didn't go pro. My own dad liked to brag and it created issues

Edited by kent

my old man and all his brothers used to box and run there own gym during 60's/70's/80's , my dad even had a few medals , cousin won the longsdale belt many years ago.

what i really miss is the training and letting rip on the bags.

would love to have another go ( but age and current fitness would,nt let me ) , or set up a gym in my own back yard with a few bags etc and workout.

how old are you guys?? how old do you thinks too old??

Edited by darren m

I'm 32 Darren, and getting back into it for the same reason as you. I play football twice a week and pretty confident I'l be back in shape after a few months in the gym.

Not looking to get back into the ring, been there done that. But in need of a good session down the gym to relieve everyday stress.

I have boxed a bit in the past, but have recently taken up MMA training. Very different, but i am really enjoying it.

I have lost nearly 6 stones in just over 6 months, just completed a 10 mile fell run and extreme obstacle course and will be running the great north run in september. I feel like a new man !!

i've been boxing all night,these ebay parcels don't wrap themselves you know! :P i used to do a good bit of kick boxing training years ago and enjoyed it,often thought about trying a bit of boxing type training..............................but i'm far to fat and unfit now.

I wanted to take up boxing 5 years ago but could only find a Muay Thai Boxing Club so did that. Best thing I ever did. Ended up going out to Thailand to train for a bit, amazing.

Then met a guy who did Brazillian Jiu Jitsu so went along to a class, it was awesome. Combined the Thai Boxing an Bjj for MMA and took a fight. The training was the hardest thing I have ever done, went from around 90kg to 72kg for the fight. Won the fight but not doing it again as I'm way to lazy.

I used enjoy watching boxing but now I just find it so boring. Two guys stand in front of one another and punch each other in the head till one falls over?

Whereas in MMA there is so much that can happen, I think aswell if you train Bjj, you appreciate the fights alot more when they hit deck.

Played a lot of club rugby in my younger days so did a lot of pretty hard training. However i do regret that i had not done a bit of boxing...not that i would of gone pro or done more than a bit of local amateur, i would of however understood the sport a bit better when watching. i was watching the olympic boxing last night, and mine and the judges scores were different!!

Tight Lines

Aled

Played a lot of club rugby in my younger days so did a lot of pretty hard training. However i do regret that i had not done a bit of boxing...not that i would of gone pro or done more than a bit of local amateur, i would of however understood the sport a bit better when watching. i was watching the olympic boxing last night, and mine and the judges scores were different!!

Tight Lines

Aled

a lot of punches do not land with the correct part of the glove in the scoring areas, it aint about keeness its about skill. judges need to be aware and be close by- they dont always agree either

Tight Lines

Aled

I played front row for 20 years - Did a lot of boxing there to be honest!! Usually an 80 minute bout with 4 x 10 second rounds!!

I have boxed a bit in the past, but have recently taken up MMA training. Very different, but i am really enjoying it.

I have lost nearly 6 stones in just over 6 months, just completed a 10 mile fell run and extreme obstacle course and will be running the great north run in september. I feel like a new man !!

6 stones in 6 months :ninja: how is that possible

would love to know