For Sale

Teal

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only if you the famous new zealand dollar they have de queens head on them but be warned thems run 3 to the quid :D = 15 = 5 handles down the pub or a dozen cans at the wholesale :P then theres the money to pay for the to be exchange into real money postage and the back hander to hm customs for looking the other way whilst i indulge in at little money smugllin hmmmmm ok :lol::P:P :o :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If all the members donated the £5, William would have £2445 to blow on making it an even better site!!

I don't know how much time William spends on keeping the thing going but we do need, I feel, to consider Will in all of this. His original post came over as him being tired of it all which if it is the case, no amount of money would bring back the sparkle he had when he created it. Unless of course he just happens to make a **** load of dosh out of it.

So his desire to keep on banging away (no pun intended) with the management of the site may not be there, if this is the case, no amount of money will save it.

What say you will? Is it just the money that's the problem or do you see challenges in different things? and you want a break?

Extremely kind offers :D , I'm just working out a way of doing this. The way I see it is that since running this sites I have recieved death threats, I think you guys all know the characters of some of the antis around as well. I don't want to take any chances and so am working out the best way of where you can send the money.... Does anyone know how to set up a PO box account or similar??

Thanks for all the kind offers. CP regarding your view of my lacklustre and loss of interest, I've just been extremely preoccupied with other things lately but I do have some good ideas for the site for the future which I intend to implement before the year is over :lol:

Hi William

PO Box is easy to set up, £43 for 6 months, which i am sure once we get others on board would be covered, i am sure everyone understands the personal security issues with some of the nutters out there.

Heres a link to the relevant Royal Mail section.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/default/al...Information.xml

The other thing which crossed my mind for the longer term, which i am sure someone else mentioned, how about some corporate sponsorship.

Why not approach someone like gamebore or eley to be the official site sponsers, no other advertiser, exclusivity, access to 400+ active shooters,there banner at the top of the page, etc,etc

Regards

Claydon. :D

William and I discussed subscription to this site over 9 months ago but he was advised against it and to go for commercial advertising. Now that he has seen that this is not going to work I still agree with subscription to the site. All those that pay a subscription should be the only ones that can post messages on the site. All non-subscription payers will have read access only until they become a fully paid up member of this site.

Be careful, if you limit posting to only subscribers, you may have even less posts than at present.

On other sites where they take voluntary subscription/donations, this is recognised by the member having a title like, "site sponser", or something similar, on there signature.

Not everybody is able to commit money to a website, on an annual basis.

For my part i am only stumping up the £5.00 -£10.00 or whatever to keep it going , not for any priviledged status.

I am thinking of it more as a donation to tide things over and give William a chance to get some corporate sponsorship, and if he cant then we will deal with that next year.

It could get very complicated if we have the haves and those that hav'nt.

I dont think we should have a two tier system, you will only loose interest from some potential new members and p**s off existing ones who have not stumped up for their own reasons.

As i posted before corporate sponsorship is the answer, but it wont come without being asked , and it needs to be made clear that this is a not for profit request merley a running cost sponser with the attached goodwill.

The key to this is keep it simple. tell us where to send the money and maintain a winning formula.

If you are going to make it members only then that is what it should be, no halfway house, only subscribers can enter the forum.

Claydon :D