what would you do

pigeon pete

well driving to work and i spotted a police van behind me ,i then had that panic on thinking ,is my tyres ok and my tax ,you know the feeling ,you dont want any excuses to make it a bit harder when it comes to your FAC renewal ,even thow traffic offences dont come into it ,well he pulled up on my right side at the lights and i looked at them and the pasanger cop was stuffing his face and the driver was sucking on a big fat mars bar ,now if that was me or you we would of been stopped ,then the lights changed and they were off and he had the cheek to over take me with a face full of food ,ive got his plates ???

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well driving to work and i spotted a police van behind me ,i then had that panic on thinking ,is my tyres ok and my tax ,you know the feeling ,you dont want any excuses to make it a bit harder when it comes to your FAC renewal ,even thow traffic offences dont come into it ,well he pulled up on my right side at the lights and i looked at them and the pasanger cop was stuffing his face and the driver was sucking on a big fat mars bar ,now if that was me or you we would of been stopped ,then the lights changed and they were off and he had the cheek to over take me with a face full of food ,ive got his plates ???

pete.

Hear all ..... See all ....Say .... all.

You want to complain because you saw a cop driving and eating a chocolate bar?

I think perhaps you are overreacting somewhat.

I’m also not sure I agree with your comment about “now if that was me or you we would of been stopped” I think police have better things to do that pull over a chap eating a chocolate bar – so long as the rest of his driving is fine.

This is a person who’s taken a low paying career so that he can stand between you and criminal and protect you from them, and you want to report him for eating a mars bar while driving.

Possibly the first thing he’s been able to eat since he started his shift 5 hours earlier because he’s been too busy chasing burglars, speaking to bereaved parents and arresting the nonce that’s been hanging round outside the local school.

But you think it’s important to get him ####ed for eating a mars bar.

I think a new sense of perspective is in order here.

What would I do?

Nothing at all.

I have that feeling all the time....Hope my tail light is ok or I might lose my FAC......U gotta be having a laugh

well driving to work and i spotted a police van behind me ,i then had that panic on thinking ,is my tyres ok and my tax ,you know the feeling ,you dont want any excuses to make it a bit harder when it comes to your FAC renewal ,even thow traffic offences dont come into it ............ ???

I think you have an unhealthy case of paranoia. :yes:

Cant see the problem, my dad used to regularly go on shift and not eat or have a hot drink the 8 (sometimes a lot longer) hours he was on because they were too busy. Give them a break for having something to eat while in the van, you would be even more annoyed if you saw them in macdonalds. Why would a police officer pull you over for eating a mars bar? A twix maybe as there is two little bars to handle which can be difficult or even a big kitkat where you have four fingers to handle now for that even i would consider it driving without undue care and attention.

Edited by ferguson_tom

I say let them eat,but some do themselves no favours.

http://www.dailymail...aces-trial.html

http://www.telegraph...d-at-wheel.html

Its like the two officers in the unmarked car who parked on double yellows so they could use the cashpoint,just after lots of people had been ticketed by wardens,i did nothing, but when they drove around the corner because i took a photo they then parked up in a loading bay and went to the sandwich shop,i asked one of them why they were flouting parking rules and got told that i should move my vehicle on,did i report them,yes i did.

You are not above the law just because you are a police officer.

And before anyone has a go at me,if they were on a shout they could park in the middle of the street and leave the vehicle there all day,but flouting the rules so obviously is just stupid,i think i still have the photos.

Cant see the problem, my dad used to regularly go on shift and not eat or have a hot drink the 8 (sometimes a lot longer) hours he was on because they were too busy. Give them a break for having something to eat while in the van, you would be even more annoyed if you saw them in macdonalds. Why would a police officer pull you over for eating a mars bar? A twix maybe as there is two little bars to handle which can be difficult or even a big kitkat where you have four fingers to handle now for that even i would consider it driving without undue care and attention.

Should that not be driving without due care and confection :lol:

Seriously if you report plod for eating a mars bar while driving you may really have something to worry about next time you have a jam sarnie behind you.

Even if you are 100% legal they could delay you for half an hour while they check your details and heaven help if they find a loose shottie cartridge in your van.

It like here they seam to want to nick every one for any thing, was in a chippy one night and the cops came and ordered any one parking on double yellow lines to move their cars or get a ticket, and it was not done in a friendly manor, yet the police will park on the same double yellows when they get their late snacks.

Another police car without the blues and twos on did a U turn in T junction with traffic coming in both directions that had green, In doing the U turn they put themselves in a position that they went through a red light and cut traffic up if the traffic had not slowed down to a crawl to see what the police were playing at, the police in the car did not bat an eye lid. Yet if they traveled 50 yards up the road there was a juncton for a car park that was a safe turn area, or if they had gone a 100 yardsish there was a wacking big traffic roundabout that was the safest place to turn around. If it was Joe public doing this manouver they would of been nicked.

Also seen where some one dropped a fag end and was told they would get a ticket if not picked up, What the CSO seamed to fail to realise, was that the person was sweeping up rubbish and the fag end would and was swept up with the rest of the rubbish they were sweeping up. :(

Round here a lot of the cops have a do as I say and not do as I do attitude, which spoils it for the police that are actually trying to do a proper job.

Edited by BerettaSV10

You want to complain because you saw a cop driving and eating a chocolate bar?

I think perhaps you are overreacting somewhat.

I’m also not sure I agree with your comment about “now if that was me or you we would of been stopped” I think police have better things to do that pull over a chap eating a chocolate bar – so long as the rest of his driving is fine.

This is a person who’s taken a low paying career so that he can stand between you and criminal and protect you from them, and you want to report him for eating a mars bar while driving.

Possibly the first thing he’s been able to eat since he started his shift 5 hours earlier because he’s been too busy chasing burglars, speaking to bereaved parents and arresting the nonce that’s been hanging round outside the local school.

But you think it’s important to get him ####ed for eating a mars bar.

I think a new sense of perspective is in order here.

What would I do?

Nothing at all.

I take it that you are a policeman then Rob?

So you are saying that it`s ok for a policeman eating a mars bar at the wheel to pull over a business man eating a mars bar at the wheel and prosecute him?

It`s illegal who ever you are and shouldn`t be a case of a law for him and a different one for everyone else.

I think the general feeling is that if you dislike the law in general you`ll say report it but if not then you`ll let it go.

Seriously if you report plod for eating a mars bar while driving you may really have something to worry about next time you have a jam sarnie behind you.

Even if you are 100% legal they could delay you for half an hour while they check your details and heaven help if they find a loose shottie cartridge in your van.

Why would a loose shotgun cartridge cause a problem? After all there is no requirement to keep them secured unlike FAC ammunition.

I take it that you are a policeman then Rob?

So you are saying that it`s ok for a policeman eating a mars bar at the wheel to pull over a business man eating a mars bar at the wheel and prosecute him?

It`s illegal who ever you are and shouldn`t be a case of a law for him and a different one for everyone else.

I think the general feeling is that if you dislike the law in general you`ll say report it but if not then you`ll let it go.

Do you seriously think it's illegal to eat a mars bar whilst driving!!! ???:lol: :lol: :lol:

one point here is how can it be illegal to eat a mars bar whilst driving but perfectly legal to smoke a cigerette? what would cause more disruption to your driving, dropping a bar of chocolate into your lap or setting fire to your undercarriage with a dropped ciggy??? ;)