O- and B- donors, do you weigh 20 stone ?

Full Pelt

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im in forces n have been donating every 6 months for 6 years now so thats 12 units now doing my part:) if it was your loved one that needed blood you wouldnt think twice about giving them it would you? so why are people bothered about it i think it should be compulsary every year for every fit and healthy person in UK to donate at least once

I don't think you should force people into giving, it should be voluntary but more people need to do it that's for sure

For anyone wanting to sign and concerned about any pain/discomfort, I can confirm the most discomfort was removing the plaster afterwards :lol:

The rest was walk in the park and you get a cup of tea + orange club biscuit - what's not to love?

Many years ago, I started giving blood donations. Then approx 2 years ago, after a discussion with the nurses at the clinic, I went on to donate platelets. I have donated many times, and,as your blood is returned to your body after the platelets have been removed, most people (males) can donate every three weeks. I have donated for a few months owing to various blood tests being given by myself, but will start donating again very soon.

To PW member 'nabbers', I share your feelings, as I lost my son, 9 years ago, at the age of 14. As his life ebbed away in the hospital, I wanted to donate his various organs for transplants (something he always said he wanted to do) but as I was divorced, and 'custody' was given to my ex wife, I was'nt allowed to express my wishes. Although we were not asked about donation, my ex' never offered anyway, despite her knowing my son's wishes.

I've signed up with the organ donor scheme for anything that's needed.

In 1969 I had a bad car accident which resulted in me having a ruptured liver, amongst other less severe injuries, the upshot was that i recieved 10 and a half pints of donated blood, unfortunatly because my accident was pre 1980, i am now not allowed to give blood. I would certainly not be here today but for all you decent chaps and chapesses that give your time and your blood. So THANK YOU from Auntie.

Donated 3 times and had a pleasant experience on each occasion. Never suffered with the rough feelings or dizziness that some report. Only thing stopping me donating again is the 4 month waiting period after a tattoo!

Absolutely fantastic thing to do, and I think we should have an organ donation box to tick on our driving licence application like the yanks do!