Police Officer ND's in Royal Household

Poacher

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or why the safety was off or how the trigger got pulled.

Operational carry is loaded and made ready to fire-If it was a Glock-theres no external safety.

100's of cops carrying 100's of guns day in day out-no big suprise these things happen. But then cops aren't human -are they?

fuddster

Having been in a vehicle when a firearm was discharged, I was surprised to read that neither officer suffered any injury.

I bet the report alone made both of them suffer from very severe earache for quite a few days, I certainly did.

Whenever we hear about such things we always shout Muppet, So called expert, etc etc, but as has already been pointed out, with the number of Police Officers armed these days, it's a wonder more of these incidents don't happen. so really they have a good safety record.

Having been in a vehicle when a firearm was discharged, I was surprised to read that neither officer suffered any injury.

I bet the report alone made both of them suffer from very severe earache for quite a few days, I certainly did.

Whenever we hear about such things we always shout Muppet, So called expert, etc etc, but as has already been pointed out, with the number of Police Officers armed these days, it's a wonder more of these incidents don't happen. so really they have a good safety record.

I Would hate to see what a bad safety record looks like. Negligent discharges below.

Metropolitan Police 56

Northern Ireland 31

Bedfordshire 3

Devon and Cornwall 2

Lincolnshire Police 2

Accindents happens, main thing its that knowone got hurt, It would be interesting to know why the police offier had one in the chamber

They are called negligent discharges not accidents. Negligent discharges are not that uncommon with glock pistols carrying with a round in the chamber no safety pull the trigger and it will fire. They even have a name for it glock leg as most manage to shoot themselves in the leg taking it out or putting in a holster. Example bellow.

I Would hate to see what a bad safety record looks like. Negligent discharges below.

Metropolitan Police 56

Northern Ireland 31

Bedfordshire 3

Devon and Cornwall 2

Lincolnshire Police 2

Well looking at them stats , Lincs should all the jobs ;) , on a serious note dont spose they have as many firearms deployments as the big forces . Mate of mine was in the military for years and often spoke of the ND's he had knowledge of , usually resulting in a charge for the offender .

I had a friend some years ago he collected guns and he showed me a little revolver it was ether a .22 or a .32 that he had it was off ticket ( I should point out that the guy has passed on some years ago ) he said that he used to carry it in the cab of this lorry when he was driving in NI in the 70/80 as he was worried about him being English and in an English reg lorry on country roads with lots of IRA about.

Well he said he was parked up on the main road in some small town over there and he picked up this gun and the bloody thing went off and blew a hole in the flour of his cab fortunately people must have thought that it was a car/bike back firing as nobody came to find out what it was but he shore learnt his lesson about handling it with care.

They are called negligent discharges not accidents. Negligent discharges are not that uncommon with glock pistols carrying with a round in the chamber no safety pull the trigger and it will fire. They even have a name for it glock leg as most manage to shoot themselves in the leg taking it out or putting in a holster. Example bellow.

I remember seeing that vid some time ago the thing that surprised me was that a .45 shot at close range seemed to do so little harm to his leg just a small hole in and out again I bet it hurt though and he may sound like a bit of a fool but I give him a lot of credit for having the guts to show other people what can happen if you are not careful with your guns.

but surely you just cant choose your name?, its the family name...so if they had had a drink or 2 the parents could have called them William and Harry Arbuckle?

yes I know about deed pole

:shaun:

Why do you think they are called Windsor? In all serious though ... have a read it'll all become clear :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Windsor

Why do you think they are called Windsor? In all serious though ... have a read it'll all become clear :lol:

http://en.wikipedia....ouse_of_Windsor

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ...well that made sense

So why isnt William called William Cambridge? he is the Duke of Cambridge

Harry is called Harry Wales (silly bloody name) because he is the Prince of Wales?

Whilst im on...what is Beatrice and Eugenie's surname?, cant find it

:shaun:

Metropolitan Police 56

Northern Ireland 31

Bedfordshire 3

Devon and Cornwall 2

Lincolnshire Police 2

Now break that down to ND's while actually on duty out in public, I think you'll find most of those listed above are either during training or at the shift change when weapons are handed over.

Police officers are human, and humans make mistakes it really is that simple.