United States of Great Britain

Jega

Anyone else sick to the back teeth of the wall to wall coverage of the U.S. elections,analysing every little detail running opinion polls interviewing the candidates dog.ENOUGH ALREADY.

Bleddy hell the news is made up of 28 minutes of the yanks and 2 minutes of our news,isnt there any news in the U.K. ?

Anyone else sick to the back teeth of the wall to wall coverage of the U.S. elections,analysing every little detail running opinion polls interviewing the candidates dog.ENOUGH ALREADY.

Bleddy hell the news is made up of 28 minutes of the yanks and 2 minutes of our news,isnt there any news in the U.K. ?

I was thinking the same thing while watching the news,i know that we are linked by what the economy of USA does, but to do the visits to peoples houses asking why they voted and how they feel,it's to much,i don't give a hoot how they feel.

I can understand your feelings, but America is one of the world's most important countries, so it will affect us.

But I do get annoyed when we report their news as though it is our news. I don't think they're saying stuff like "you'll never guess what's happened to Nick Clegg!"

And whilst all this has been going on, the recent changes in the leadership of China,the real economic powerhouse of the world, far more than the U.S, have passed almost unnoticed.

What we should really be doing is giving up our sovereignty to become the 51st(?) State of the U.S.

Once inside the Union we use our economic clout and political savvy to take over Congress from the inside.

We could recover our economic place in the world without firing a shot.

you don't often see or hear much UK news here,not many are interested in anything but local news

That may sound strange to us in Europe but then we have been fighting one another for hundreds of years and buying things from each other whereas America was for many years virtually self contained they can grow and make practically everything that they need so in many ways it did not affect them what went on in the rest of the world apart from that other than Canada and south America most other countries are about 3000 miles away not not like us just pop across the channel.

You think you're sick of hearing it...try living over here....

Personally I don't think either one of them was right for the job. Romney was too scary and probably would have started a war with Iran and I'm not sure Obama is taking us in the right direction either. I guess misguided wandering is better than a war with Iran though.

On both sides of my family I'm only the third or fourth generation removed from folks who were "Subjects of The Queen of England and Ireland" as it says on all their immigration papers. The rate things are going I'm of the mind to say that well this was a grand experiment but time to go back to our homeland....

yes its all bad :sad1:

We might be better off joining the United States rather than Europe ;)

We would be pinning our colours to the wrong flagpole if we did that or continue to do that. America, for all its posturing, will be sidelined as an economic superpower in a few decades. We need to be into the resource rich countries in a big way as we used to be in Empire days but clearly not in Empire ways! China and India are the rising powers amongst others so we need to side with them. China is into an amazing number of countries for resource, food production etc. The successful way is economic routes, softly sofly approach not the gung ho jackbooting American way. Japan realised this after WW2 and it has always been China's way. We should never have joined Europe - that narked the commonwealth nations off for those who can remember that far back.

This idea of Romney the war-monger hungry for war with Iran is a red herring. It isn't the US who will go to war, it is Isreal. The US is in an invidious position in the middle east and has been since the end of WW2. Isreal is like a psychotic Jack Russel: small, ferocious, fearless, willing to accept or start any fight with anyone and ready to fight to the death. America has armed and supported Isreal and now finds itself reluctantly holding the leash. While it does so few of isreal's enemies will risk all out war and Isreal is restrained - just; but the US is reviled as Zionist and imperialist, which suits its enemies. It is a thankless job but should the US drop the leash and walk away the results could be appalling. Those countries envious of America and wanting to topple it from its perch like to denounce the US as a military adventurist and neo-colonialist but in truth it suits them that the US is trapped in its middle east role, not one of them would swap places and none seem willing or able to suggest an alternative strategy. Russia and China are happy to maintain the status quo and actively block solutions. They are doing it now with Syria, knowing that it is the US and its allies who will get the historic blame for allowing the civil war to play out perpetuating anti-western resentment in the middle east. It is a shabby arrangement that reflects grave discredit on the international community. The middle east is an inherited problem for every US government. Blaming republican hawks for stoking the fire is a cop-out. It is far more complicated than that and I do hope Obama and his coterie of leftists intellectuals know what they're doing.

God save.......... the biggest con job in the world! US$2.6 billion dollars spent in both campaigns, and they call it democracy. People say give up Europe and cuddle up to America - with Obama America will become another Europe!

To put that cost into perspective, the americans spend roughly 3 times that on halloween each year !!!!!!!!!!!!

This idea of Romney the war-monger hungry for war with Iran is a red herring. It isn't the US who will go to war, it is Isreal. The US is in an invidious position in the middle east and has been since the end of WW2. Isreal is like a psychotic Jack Russel: small, ferocious, fearless, willing to accept or start any fight with anyone and ready to fight to the death. America has armed and supported Isreal and now finds itself reluctantly holding the leash. While it does so few of isreal's enemies will risk all out war and Isreal is restrained - just; but the US is reviled as Zionist and imperialist, which suits its enemies. It is a thankless job but should the US drop the leash and walk away the results could be appalling. Those countries envious of America and wanting to topple it from its perch like to denounce the US as a military adventurist and neo-colonialist but in truth it suits them that the US is trapped in its middle east role, not one of them would swap places and none seem willing or able to suggest an alternative strategy. Russia and China are happy to maintain the status quo and actively block solutions. They are doing it now with Syria, knowing that it is the US and its allies who will get the historic blame for allowing the civil war to play out perpetuating anti-western resentment in the middle east. It is a shabby arrangement that reflects grave discredit on the international community. The middle east is an inherited problem for every US government. Blaming republican hawks for stoking the fire is a cop-out. It is far more complicated than that and I do hope Obama and his coterie of leftists intellectuals know what they're doing.

I think the next ten years will bring a lot of change as far as Israel is concerned. They have relied heavily on the US and on their status as a triumph of the Jewish people over the war time oppression. The problem is that they are running out of little old ladies with number tatooed on their arms (the last documented Auschwitz survivor passed away about 3 weeks ago) and they are running out of Nazi war criminals to prosecute. They are going to have to shift their thinking and motivation to learn to stand as a nation on their own. For the US's involvement, I think it needs to become less and less. We need to let them stand on their own and realise that they must live with the consequences of picking fights. You're right in stating that Romney wouldn't attack Iran directly but Israel sure as hell would and that's a de facto attack by the US because we would surely be drawn into it from the start and there is no way to win that war it'll either be a 25 year long war of attrition or Israel will be made to glow in the dark....

We would be pinning our colours to the wrong flagpole if we did that or continue to do that. America, for all its posturing, will be sidelined as an economic superpower in a few decades. We need to be into the resource rich countries in a big way as we used to be in Empire days but clearly not in Empire ways! China and India are the rising powers amongst others so we need to side with them. China is into an amazing number of countries for resource, food production etc. The successful way is economic routes, softly sofly approach not the gung ho jackbooting American way. Japan realised this after WW2 and it has always been China's way. We should never have joined Europe - that narked the commonwealth nations off for those who can remember that far back.

Yeah, the Chinese and Indians will be more than happy to help you out after the wonderful treatment they received from the British in years past...