beretta vs browning

Paddy Galore!

1. My vote goes to Browning. I have had owned so far in my shooting life, a 12b Beretta 686S, 12b Beretta 687 M/C, 12b Beretta 682 Supersport plus a couple of Beretta Semi auto's in 12b & 20b. I have found that I shot so much better when I bought my (still current) Browning 425 grade 5 M/C. So much so that I even bought a second 425 grade 5 fixed choke for game shooting!. The Beretta's all felt too stright for me and the Browning just fitted so much better. Both guns are still tight after many years and many thousands of cardridges through them.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havnt seen many pallets like this

Browning, oiled finish (mark on the top photo is grease)

newgunandslip004.jpg

newgunandslip005.jpg

newgunandslip001.jpg

However, All the new wood auto Beretta's and quite a few of the O/U's now come with lazer etched grain, must be because they used pallets

bit of a con...like the "Extra Wood" which was veneer as well

Up the Brownings

:shaun:

Edited by shaun4860

I havnt seen many pallets like this

Browning, oiled finish (mark on the top photo is grease)

newgunandslip004.jpg

newgunandslip005.jpg

newgunandslip001.jpg

However, All the new wood auto Beretta's and quite a few of the O/U's now come with lazer etched grain, must be because they used pallets

bit of a con...like the "Extra Wood" which was veneer as well

Up the Brownings

It's amazing what browning can do with Japanese pallets and orange marker pens lol

Brownings do suit the taller shooter, being 6'5" the "length of pull" is a key factor to me. I have shot a few berettas without too much trouble. How tall are you and is the LOP a reason for your improvement.

I'm 6'3" and beretta suit me better, don't think it's height more build of a person that matters.

If you shoot so well with a 325 why are you even bothering with a beretta that you can't shoot as well.

Go for a grade five 325 and be happy.

Figgy

Shaun4860 you been busy with the blowlamp to get that fiddleback look.

Can't remember it looking that good at Thimbleby.

Seriously a nice peice of wood.

Figgy

It's Browning's new "paint by numbers" stock

You can have any pattern you want :-)

But like what Beretta does with lasers

• 3 weeks later...

I'm 6'3" and beretta suit me better, don't think it's height more build of a person that matters.

If you shoot so well with a 325 why are you even bothering with a beretta that you can't shoot as well.

Go for a grade five 325 and be happy.

Figgy

Well Figgy, just changed from Browning to Beretta, very happy with my decision. I am certainly NOT gay either!

Problem with this kind of thread is you never get many reasoned or unbiased opinions... Especially once the fanboys get on board.

Try a few guns, not just Browning and Beretta, and decide what suits you best. :good:

the best gun i ever had was an old 325 mate, the thing is they rust :lol: and it was only chambered for 2.75" shells. this is the 2nd beretta o/u i've had, georgy had my 525 earlier in the year and i almost regret selling it, don't get me wrong cos i love the silpig but it doesn't seem as comfortable.

i'll have someone put a bend in the wood soon enough,see if that makes any difference.

Edited by GRAM71

if the gun fits ok it don,t matter what name is on it,if you can shoot you can do it with anything,years ago when i used to shoot sporting clays for fun a guy turned up with a merkel trap gun an busted 25 straight,to prove a point he then went round with a borrowed shadow skeet gun an still got 25 straight.what do you all think of that.

I have just part-exchanged my Browning 125 'C' Grade 12g multichoke which I purchased new about 25 years ago, I had used this gun for all my game shooting and it has served me well over the years.

The problem I had with the gun is the stocks, After the first twelve months I noticed a hairline crack in the semi pistol grip this stock was changed on guarantee.

Since then I have has the stock replaced again which was very expensive! And then the existing stock had another crack which was very professionally repaired by Eddie Jackson the gunsmith from Ellesmere Port.

I was very disappointed with my Browning as I really look after my shotguns and rifles really well and they are never knocked about or abused.

Have any other members experienced stock problems with Brownings?

I exchanged the gun for a new Beretta!