Day out with a new pigeon shooter.

fenboy

I had a day out today with a new pigeon shooter from the forum.

He bongaanie (Nathan) had been a few times but was struggling with hitting birds consistently and getting them to decoy .

I arranged to shoot some sprouts on one of his permissions to hopefully give him a few ideas and to see what he is doing wrong.

When we arrived at the field just after 8am I was surprised to see just how many pigeon were already there at least a 1000 I would guess.

Birds continued to pour into the sprouts while we were getting set up , I put out the magnet and a flapper and around 20 shells between us and soon the birds were showing a real interest and readily coming to the decoys .

As normal this time of year after a of hours birds the birds began to get fewer but even so a steady trickle continued to pay the decoys a visit and we ended with a good bag of 52 with perhaps 6-7 not picked, good shooting for this time of year.

Star of the day must be my cocker Flynn who worked his socks off finding the dropped birds in the thick and tall sprouts.

Thanks for a great day out Nathan.

Pic of Nathan with the bag.

IMAG00111.jpg

what a day and what a lot learnt and a big thanks to fenboy for his advise and criticism and i dont mean that in a bad way with out the criticsm i would not know where i was going wrong but the biggest star of the day was the dog flynn what a dog . my advise to new pigeon shooters if you are lucky enough to go with someone who knows what they doing one can learn a lot by watching i did and by the way i only got 10 of the 52 the rest belong to the mester i am only a student lol one again thanks fen and flynn

Damn, that means there's a higher chance of a sprout on my plate this Christmas.

Just send them to me,,,,,,,,love sprouts, mind you 3 hours later I can empty a room, even the dog used to walk away bless her, gone now.

Well done Fen & Nathan

Edited by Sha Bu Le

Well done Fenboy if only more shooters gave as much to the sport.

I had a great day out with Fenny today...same sort of thing he was helping me get back into the sport.

Funny thing was Fenny's dog was star of the show as well.

Swimming for a Duck that none of us saw, we thought it had gone off on one until we saw it swimming back mouth full.

Respect to both of you for giving up your time to novice shooters