RSPCA

bobt

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My issue with the RSPCA is that only a few days after the court case made the news there was an article that the RSPCA had put down aroud 2,500 health dogs last year as they claim they don't have the money to care for them.

They are not doing what the charity set out to do in the first place and now needs to be held accountable for its actions.

As a accountant I deal with a few large charities around the UK, mostley of a religious basis, so understand how charities work on the inside.

The charities commission have the power to remove a charity status if they feel they are acting with a policital purpose. I know as they have asked the question of one of the charities I look after and proof was needed before the charities commsiion was satisfied.

there is no justification for the way they are spending the publics money and this needs to stop.

The Charities Commission was itself politicised by the previous government when they shoe-horned Suzy Leather into the top job. Her role was to coerce a left-wing bias into charities. Her personal hobby-horse was the charitable status of independant shcools which she tried to remove as the Left see private education as one of the major arteries supplying recruits to their political opponents. It never had anything to do with 'fairness'. The same is true with animal rights/welfare charities. The stance of the RSPCA and various animal rights charities should fall foul of the Commission because they are not charities but lobbying groups; but they won't fall foul because the system of charity regulation has been sucessfully rigged by a political ideology that is trying to reset the nation's moral compass to the left.

Suzy Leather may have gone but her influence remains and it is rearing its head through the RSPCA.

I actually think that alot of the time the RSPCA do good work. They were actually a client of mine for a few years and so I had first hand experience of the work they did. However I do agree that the vast amount spent on this partiular prosecution, would have been better spent at some of the farms and school education centres that they have around the Country. If I was donating to the RSPCA, i would not be at all pleased with this waste of money.

The same is true with animal rights/welfare charities. The stance of the RSPCA and various animal rights charities should fall foul of the Commission because they are not charities but lobbying groups; but they won't fall foul because the system of charity regulation has been sucessfully rigged by a political ideology that is trying to reset the nation's moral compass to the left.

Aside from animal welfare groups who look after animals (as the RSPCA does), I am not aware of many animal rights groups which are also charities.

Animal rights groups, such as Animal Aid, are campaign organisations. These groups don't want to be registered charities because it would restrict what they could do with the money. If they are not registered charities they can do pretty much whatever they want with their money.

I actually think that alot of the time the RSPCA do good work. They were actually a client of mine for a few years and so I had first hand experience of the work they did. However I do agree that the vast amount spent on this partiular prosecution, would have been better spent at some of the farms and school education centres that they have around the Country. If I was donating to the RSPCA, i would not be at all pleased with this waste of money.

The RSPCA do some good work. But it's the people at the top which can cause problems.

My issue with the RSPCA is that only a few days after the court case made the news there was an article that the RSPCA had put down aroud 2,500 health dogs last year as they claim they don't have the money to care for them.

They are not doing what the charity set out to do in the first place and now needs to be held accountable for its actions.

As a accountant I deal with a few large charities around the UK, mostley of a religious basis, so understand how charities work on the inside.

The charities commission have the power to remove a charity status if they feel they are acting with a policital purpose. I know as they have asked the question of one of the charities I look after and proof was needed before the charities commsiion was satisfied.

there is no justification for the way they are spending the publics money and this needs to stop.

indeed, £330,000.00 + spent on a court case whilst killing over 3400 dogs cats and other pets (not for medical reasons), disgusting really! Edited by Paul223

indeed, £330,000.00 + spent on a court case whilst killing over 3400 dogs cats and other pets (not for medical reasons), disgusting really!

Also, have a look at the chief executive's salary. Doubtless other senior management are on equally obscene remuneration packages.

If you work for charity, be chartiable! And please don't give me the guff, "That's what you have to pay or they'll go elsewhere." A retired senior executive could easily afford to do it free of charge. I used to work for a charity running an historic ship, we managed the business (BIG sums of money) plus ran a successfull passenger ship; not one sole involved took a penny in pay, from Chief Executive to office gopher, from Master to deck boy. It can be done.

The right for any person to bring a private prosecution is enshrined in law. You or I could bring one against a hunt for example, although we would not be minded to. The petition calls for the RSPCA to be prevented from so doing. This would have to come about by an amendment to the law prohibiting corporate bodies with unlimited funds bringing private prosecutions, or bringing in a new law requiring the RSPCA and other charities to set up a "political fund" which would require purposeful donations for this end. Of course it is a contradiction to have a supposed welfare organisation acting politically.

A recent FOI request by the CA revealed that only 12 complaints were made to the Charities Commission about the RSPCA covering all matters. So maybe it would be more effective to write to the Charities Commission to keep the RSPCA as the most complained of "Charity".

There are only 25,000 formal members of the RSPCA but they have secure a legal right to prevent "entryists" from becoming members. Gradually this will decline until one day the RSPCA board will only be accountable to itself.

Maybe next time you see an RSPCA ad calling for donations, write to the advertising standards authority to request truth in advertising and state that you find the ad misleading in that it purports to raise money for animal welfare when in fact it is waging a class war and is a renegade animal rights outfit not an animal welfare charity.