Successful day decoying

Andythompson

Hi all, had a day off work on Friday and thought I would grab the opportunity and have a trip out with the gun. There's a particular field of rape on a permission of mine that has been getting hammered by the local pigeon population in the last couple of weeks. Arrived and set up by about 9am and there were plenty of birds about. To be honest they decoyed really well start to finish and on two occasions I had the entire flock of 200+ birds try to settle with my decoys! (I must get that 5 shot semi auto applied for!) haha. Anyway by lunch time the bag was 16 birds and 1 happy shooter!

The afternoon didn't disappoint either, plenty more pigeons, and nearly squeaked in a rogue passing dog fox but he just wouldn't come within sensible range. The final bag is below and I've got to say I was chuffed to bits, I really felt my shooting was coming on leaps and bounds, and seeing as i only got my shotguns at the start of December and this was my second attempt at decoying it is a day I won't forget in a hurry!

post-61688-0-11451700-1359891693_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Andy

• 3 weeks later...