Pump Club

thepasty

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bought some 2" carts (44mm OAL) and it turned my 7+1 M37 into a 10+1 gun. Also, no feed issues, IIRC.

Regards,

Mark.

P.S. It's a pity that [a] they were only 24gm (they wouldn't make the minimum PF requirements for use in PSG comps) and that they weren't cheap...

Just as an aside, I took a cordless drill with a brass brush and gave the chamber a serious going over. Result, no more FtExs since. Mind you, I haven't used Eley firsts again either.

I took a cordless drill with a brass brush and gave the chamber a serious going over. Result, no more FtExs since.

Ah, funny you should say that.

I've not only had FTExes with the M37 but I've also had "difficult" (hard to lever) extractions with my '1887 clone.

As a result, I now give both chambers a *quick* zap with drill and fine steel wool each time I clean 'em.

So far, the '1887 has given no more trouble. The M37 *has* - even after fitting new extractors, etc - but, last week-end, I used bog-standard Evos instead of the usual diet of Gambore High Bird rounds. I had no problems but, in any case, the M37's FTExes tend to happend towards the middle or end of a comp after a lot of hard use.

Regards,

Mark.

P.S. My M37's chamber *feels* smooth but doesn't *look* smooth...

I was using a mix of mainly Eley Olympics and Gamebore evos myself, with the odd RC2 and others thrown in for good measure. I basically tipped everything I had into my pocket and went with it.

The only 'odd' thing that happened was a missing 2nd cart. I swear I loaded two but after the first shot i just got a click. 1 Hangfire procedure later and it transpires theres no cart in the gun...at all. I check the ground for a live cart, nothing, I check and recheck the chamber, barrel and loading mech...no cart to be seen.

Rest of the round absolutely fine but that missing cart bugged the hell out of me. I can only assume that I was mistaken and didn't load the 2nd round I thought I had.

no cart in the gun...at all. I check the ground for a live cart, nothing, I check and recheck the chamber, barrel and loading mech...no cart to be seen.

In our club, I have a reputation from droppin' rounds on the ground. I suspect that I'm not being "manly" enough when working the action. Certainly, the "busier" a stage is, the better it seems to go; if'n I've got time to *fink* about things, it all goes to pot... :)

I'm still considering "retiring" the M37 and buying a Benelli, like everyone else. But, I dunno, I *really* like the Ithaca.

Regards,

Mark.

P.S. I've bought my first semi-auto - an Ithaca M51. Unfortunately, I've managed to break it without even loading a live round. (They are well-known for having weak slides.)

I like the cobbled together look... no offence its a good thing :)

You've got the same barrel, tube and c-lect chock as I have on mine, its the first time I've seen another!

Unusually my mossy didnt fit me so had to go :(

I'm now in the "I've got a Semi" club :o

Edited by thepasty

no offence taken :)

I love the old school look but the modern look at the same time. I'm contemplating a tri-rail foregrip but for now I'm happy with it as it is.

Only thing for the future may be a shell carrier but in two minds about that and perhaps adding an optic to her but it'd mean getting the receiver tapped and drilled so we'll see... I may look for a semi auto too in the future

I very nearly left the pump club, having taken my brand new mossberg hushpower 410 back to Essex gun, twice to be sent back to the makers, and both times being told there was nothing wrong with it, I have just under 2000 assorted carts, yet it was failing the extract fired carts, essex gun then said that they had took it out and it worked fine, and perhaps it was me???? how can one person be pumping different from the next??

anyhow I took it out again, and the last of the 3 carts failed to be extracted, I was testing it out in my woods, and a fellow plot holder (firearms officer) popped over for a chat, I asked him to try out, NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER!!!!!!!

so was going to take gun back for a trade in, but not wanting to loose a few hundred as no doubt they wouldn't have offered what I paid, I sat there this morning with the rubbing compound on the extractor vented bits, one looked a little rough, and so far all is working as it should, of course, no proof untill we fire a few rounds through it at the weekend

http://youtu.be/keCKB1OXp_E

I had problems with a Mossy 500 doing that, it was the cartridge interrupter, changed it, worked faultlessly ever after.

the shells come out one at a time, so I doubt mine has the same fault, just it fails to extract the fired cartridge, so more extractor issue???

Requesting permission for a part-time membership!!

Bought a CBC 586 off Wabbitbosher the other week and had it's first outing on the clays today.

First stand and took the 10/10!! it was downhill after that but that was me not the gun (I tried to say it was because mine is fixed fully choked but the lads weren't buying it)

Had good fun using it though which is what it's all about really!!

Joe

My 870 Wingmaster Deluxe should be getting its first PSG outing on Saturday, got an ATI stock off Kiffy (Thanks!) added a 5 shot extension mag and a 6 shell side saddle which I got my friend to bring me back from her trip to the US :) With the 5 shot extension it will hold 10 Comp-X in the mag or 9 of anything else!.

8701.jpg

My 870 Wingmaster Deluxe should be getting its first PSG outing on Saturday, got an ATI stock off Kiffy (Thanks!) added a 5 shot extension mag and a 6 shell side saddle which I got my friend to bring me back from her trip to the US :) With the 5 shot extension it will hold 10 Comp-X in the mag or 9 of anything else!.

looking nice, i bet thats heavy with the mag and shell carrier full.. mine was heavy enough and that was a 2 shot mag and 4 shot shell carrier

still sorry i sold that stock set, looks like i'll end up keeping my 870 now so could have left it on.. i only sold it to make my gun look better for fowling and i bought a semi for that