Pump Club

thepasty

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

can you cycle 65-67mm carts in a 3" chambered gun ok?

Well, o'course this is one the advantages of a pump - it should cycle pretty much *anything*.

I use an 3"-chambered, S.1 M37 for PSG. Normal capacity using 70mm carts is 7+1. Using 65mm carts, this improves to 8+1. With buckshot, I only get 6+1.

My general approach is to look for the shortest, cheap 28gm cart I can find.

As an experiment, I once bought a slab of 2" carts intended for old guns with small chambers. They were, IIRC, 44mm OAL. They cycled just fine and converted my M37 into a 10+1...

Regards,

Mark.

MichaelI requesting permission to join said 'PUMP' Club :)

Picked up my Mossberg 500 in December.

First time out baged two crows for three shots and have used it with good sucess on clays.

I will also have to admit i have tryed shooting the pump with out pumping it and tryed pumping my over an under :blush:

39F81B54-DF5B-4F33-806D-983E3A7DEB2C_zps

Michael

i guess i'll have to hand my notice in... mixed emotions as i didnt want to part with it but i havent used it in ages and my safes full so my 870 is going to a new home, a member here and new license holder so that at least makes me happy...

Took my new "hatstand" fieldhunter to my local clay ground today for a 50 bird sporting.

Again, I'm so impressed with the apparent feel and quality of these new generation Hatsans. Handles brilliantly, and managed I kill my normal 35/50! Showed my shooting buddies that you can have just as much fun and be just as successful with a pump! :-)

Here is a little gratuitous pic of the gun just for the sake of it!

null_zps39d3d752.jpg

Just as a little modification, I have stuck some skateboard grip tape on the forestock to give a little extra grip on the "reload". Worked a treat! :-)

Edited by simonix

Took my new "hatstand" fieldhunter to my local clay ground today for a 50 bird sporting.

Again, I'm so impressed with the apparent feel and quality of these new generation Hatsans. Handles brilliantly, and managed I kill my normal 35/50! Showed my shooting buddies that you can have just as much fun and be just as successful with a pump! :-)

I hit a 37/50 with the pump (about my average) Lots of people say they are no good for clays.....poppycock!! It's way more fun than shooting an OU or semi....IMHO.

ATB

I only shoot clays, mostly with my Maxus but when I got the M37 I used that for while. Took me exactly 2 rounds to get back to the score I was shooting with the Maxus. Partly, I think, because the M37 feels so well in the hands.

Once I mastered (read remembered) to 'pump' between shots, I was hitting just as much with the fixed half choke M37 as with my multi choke Maxus.

I have to admit, I was a little apprehensive that after the jibes and banter I got when I got the pump out of its slip, that I wouldn't be able to hit a barn door with it! Let alone some report and sim pairs!

Was pleasantly surprised how quickly I got used to it really having only ever used my OU in the past. Getting a straight 6 on the high tower was the best bit for me! ;-)

Glad that other people find the same for clays. LONG LIVE PUMP! Haha!