Pump Club

thepasty

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I presume NON PUMP ACTION Shooters can join in after all the fuss made about PUMP ACTION Shooters being excluded from clay shoots! :whistling:

Nah, their double barreled contraptions are just bad form for a formal pump shoot!!

Edited by Wingman

Well, I finished mending 'Enry last night, and went off to do some clays today.

After about 80 cartridges, the action bar broke again, at the repair. Looks like I didn't get sufficient weld penetration :( The fillet I had added on the inside hadn't dug into the tube properly either.

Back to the drawing board!

I'll have to try again, and put a reinforcing plate over the outside, which I will have to then let into the fore end.

Need to get this done before the 11th of November!

Edited by CaptainBeaky

Not having any welding skills, I used two high tensile countersunk Allen screws on the Model 37 together with araldite steel epoxy, seems to have held for now 🤞

Doh! Just realised your break was different to mine, which had just separated at the spot welds, good luck with the repair, I am sure that a plate will do the job and a small rebate inside the forearm won't notice at all

Edited by impala59

You're just being barrelist!

I think its typist, and who could complain about that word?😀

Anyway, if the shooting ground is prepared to put up some triples for us, we would only have to be on the lookout for those pesky autos !!!

Unless.........we have a maximum shot weight of 21g, that would b....r up most of them 😉

I am kidding by the way!

[quote name="CaptainBeaky" post="3311263" timestamp="1504383713

I'll have to try again, and put a reinforcing plate over the outside, which I will have to then let into the fore end

Just a thought, but how about a chain link as your plate and the respective pins through the arm either side of the break and then welded up giving you a hard join but with reinforcing pins

Edited by impala59

Hello pumpers

I spotted an old franchi pump at a local RFD over the weekend which has got me thinking whether it's a worthy addition to my collection. It didn't have a model on it that's I could see just said Luigi Franchi SPA on the receiver and had wood furniture. It was also multichoke although doesn't have the spare chokes included just one installed in the gun.

I can't seem to find much info on the net about old franchi pumps, does anyone have any info on them or know if there's any good?

I have a Franchi Pump, based off the SPAS-12. If you get the version like mine with the plastic pistol grip and wooden stock the comb is far too high. Also mine came with an hilariously bad to the point of dangerous trigger (now fixed). I have a spare extended choke too.

Some come with a humped receiver with regular style wooden stock.

They fall under the PA-7 or PA-8 designations if it helps your search.

Let me know if you need pics or more info :)