Pump Club

thepasty

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really busy at the moment having just started a new job. I'll try and get things a bit better organized for the 11th soon. Need to call the ground and let them know we're definitely coming as when I spoke to then we hadn't agreed a date..

Edited by Wingman

Really busy at the moment having just started a new job. I'll try and get things a bit better organized for the 11th soon. Need to call the ground and let them know we're definitely coming as when I spoke to then we hadn't agreed a date..

A small point perhaps but does this site have any specific rules/guidelines for non-break action guns? For example bagged or flagged? Not having been there before, it would seem proper, responsible and polite to adopt their requirements and present ourselves in the best possible way

Edited by impala59

That confounded predictive text strikes again!

Mossy 500? Section 1 or 2? S2 easier to sell but good S1 could be in demand. Slug 24" puts a little value on it but condition is everything. I sold a near mint accu-choke model for £125 , some have been sitting on guntrader et al for months at £150-200

Mossy 500? Section 1 or 2? S2 easier to sell but good S1 could be in demand. Slug 24" puts a little value on it but condition is everything. I sold a near mint accu-choke model for £125 , some have been sitting on guntrader et al for months at £150-200

Predictive text! Lol yes it a section 2 in good condition, which I believe to be a 5 shot

I can't find spare barrels on guntrader, what section is it in?

Predictive text! Lol yes it a section 2 in good condition, which I believe to be a 5 shot

5 shot would make it a section 1 firearm so unless you have a Firearm certificate it will be a restricted (3 shot) S2. Barrels are normally advertised as spares or accessories

Edit...... just re-reading and think I may have mis-read the original post. It looks as though you wish to sell the barrel only, not a complete gun. If that is the case , then a 24" mossberg slug barrel in mint condition would, in my opinion, be worth about £60-70, I have bought whole guns for less. Anything other than mint condition could easily halve that value. Best place to sell is gun watch on this forum (IMHO)

Edited by impala59

5 shot would make it a section 1 firearm so unless you have a Firearm certificate it will be a restricted (3 shot) S2. Barrels are normally advertised as spares or accessories

Edit...... just re-reading and think I may have mis-read the original post. It looks as though you wish to sell the barrel only, not a complete gun. If that is the case , then a 24" mossberg slug barrel in mint condition would, in my opinion, be worth about £60-70, I have bought whole guns for less. Anything other than mint condition could easily halve that value. Best place to sell is gun watch on this forum (IMHO)

Yes the magazine has the is the same size as the 5 cart mag, but mines been crimped to hold 2

I had another cracking shoot with the Model 12 on Sunday. I am challenging myself to be able to shoot as well with the pump as with my over and under. With a necessary slip on stock extender on I can now switch between the two fairly well.

The Model 12 has a great trigger but I find it doesn't like to be rushed. I have to reset myself moving from a modern Benelli or Mossberg.

I let a young man have a go with it and he seemed impressed. He was also interested in pump guns, especially .410s and was looking for a Winchester Model 42. Great to meet someone interested in older, quirky guns.

Recently joined pump club with a savage model 30l courtesy of wabbitbosher.

Couple of questions:

How many other members have actually come across a true left hand pump like this? Hen's teeth comes to mind.

Also, it has a double digit serial number. I'm not pretending it's some priceless first run or anything (it's clearly not) but that has surprised me a bit. Does anyone have any knowledge or information on dating savage guns?

Cheers

Thanks Scrumbag. Definitely a case of want rather than need but I had to have it when I saw it. I've also had a heym sr40 off Mick in left hand. I can't imagine they're more than a handful of them in the country in left hand configuration.

Fair play to Mick for unearthing these gems and putting them back into circulation. I can't see me parting with either.

Novice