thepasty

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh good!

Now I've got a question for you pumpers, the new gun I bought is a 12 gauge, 2 3/4" chamber with 30" barrel and full choke, not ideal for decoying/hide shooting I imagine but it was £150 and is in really great nick.

I haven't used it yet but if I find it hits them too hard due to the choke then I could get it reamed out to 1/2 choke I guess.

Alternatively would a reduction in shot size result in less damage to the pigeon?

Or am I best trying to keep the range out to 35-40yds?

Cheers.

Personally I would leave it as I use Full choke for all my decoying, but there's nothing to stop you having it opened up or you could have it 'teagued' and thereby turn it into a multi. If the latter, then you would have to regard the gun as a 'keeper', as, depending on the make and model, I doubt you would recover the price of the teaguing job.

Personally I would leave it as I use Full choke for all my decoying, but there's nothing to stop you having it opened up or you could have it 'teagued' and thereby turn it into a multi. If the latter, then you would have to regard the gun as a 'keeper', as, depending on the make and model, I doubt you would recover the price of the teaguing job.

Thanks for the info, good to hear you are decoying with a full choke, what kind of distance do you mainly shoot the pigeons at and what kind of cartridges do you use?

Atb,

Danny.

For decoying both corvids and pigeons I use Gamebore Clear Pigeon 32grm 6's, and shoot any birds I judge to be in range. Making them inedible isn't an issue with us. I find you can get some very impressive kills with Full choke even at those lengthy fleeing quartering birds.

For decoying both corvids and pigeons I use Gamebore Clear Pigeon 32grm 6's, and shoot any birds I judge to be in range. Making them inedible isn't an issue with us. I find you can get some very impressive kills with Full choke even at those lengthy fleeing quartering birds.

Good to hear, thanks for the details, I will get some of those when I do some pattern testing next week, if my rfd has them.

Atb.

Danny.

Right tried slug throught the 600 again,the c-lect choke thingy doesn't want to shoot the slug straight throwing everything off the right no matter where i set the choke.Looks like it may get chopped off and just use it true cylinder.

I have not tried slugs through it yet, I will have to give it a go!

Have you put a different stock on yours, as no one I have spoken to seems to know if stocks for the 500 will fit?

Yes and yes! Someone let me try their Long barreled Revolver, and now I have to get one!

I must have seen you there then, :good: it was a shame about the weather, the WNSC matches are good & a great bunch of guys.

N

Have you put a different stock on yours, as no one I have spoken to seems to know if stocks for the 500 will fit?

Yes they will.... :good:

I must have seen you there then, :good: it was a shame about the weather, the WNSC matches are good & a great bunch of guys.

N

N

I take it you are speaking from experience? I am just worried about buying something off the net and it not fitting!

And yes it's a fantastic club, I can't believe I have lived in Worcester all my life and just got around to joining!

I take it you are speaking from experience? I am just worried about buying something off the net and it not fitting!

And yes it's a fantastic club, I can't believe I have lived in Worcester all my life and just got around to joining!

Yes, in the past I have fitted the pistol grip plastic stocks to mossbergs belonging to a mate of mine & they will easily interchange between the two models, hope to see you at the next WNSC club shoot, keep an eye out for me, I'm easy to spot with my name on the back of my shirt :) so tap me on the shoulder & say hello.

N

Hello everyone, I'm a life long fan of pumps, often to the disappointment of my clay shooting family and friends. Often have I gone out with money to buy a sensible O/U only to come running home with a bag of magic beans and a battered old pump (usually giggling all the way- is that worrying?).

I've had a few in my time (since 79, 1979 that is)but I cant fault the old Mossberg slugster I have at the moment. Also got a hatsan , nothing bad to say about it except it is matt black and has plastic furniture, which I thought my kids would go for more but they turn out to be traditional like me and also like wood and metal.

I put out a post recently looking for an old fav of mine that I also had a few years ago ,Ithaca 37. I remember selling it because I wanted a god awful Franchi PA 8 and as both were FAC I could not have 2 together so had to get rid of Ithaca . Bad decision, still we live and learn.

I've never had a Remington 870 but like the look of the express. I had an 1100 once which was just wonderful (alas another bad decision).

Keep pumping everyone, be proud to pump.

i recently joined the pump club but kept it a bit quiet as i bought a cheapy revo :blush:

wanted a mossy or rem but couldnt find 1 local enough (that i could afford :blush: ) so bought a new tac revo and tbh its been great !!! only fired about 500 carts so far but im well pleased with it :good: