Pump Club

thepasty

Thanks for the reply neil, it does look good and I am interested... will have to look into if there any local events to go and have a look.

Just out of interest is it predominantly 12g or can someone run a 20g for instance.... is there a ruling that says 12g or as long as you knock down the targets and the gun meets the division requirements you're ok?

Jeff

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just out of interest is it predominantly 12g or can someone run a 20g for instance.... is there a ruling that says 12g or as long as you knock down the targets and the gun meets the division requirements you're ok?

Jeff

Hi Jeff

12 bore dominates of course but you are good to go with a 20 if you prefer.

The only real issue is finding suitable slug & buckshot rounds for the 20 here in the UK.

But if you home load then even that can be overcome.

As you say all (steel) targets must fall to score & the gun must comply with divisional restrictions, most club level shoots are fairly relaxed & the fun factor is high !

N

Great photo's Neil, looks a lot of fun. Would like a crack at it but no local facility.

Yeah you're pretty much knackered in Scotland for PSG, neither F4i or the UKPSA caters well for us up North. The closest club to you would be Galloway Small Arms Club at Crocketford near Dumfries. Theres a guy on here called Saddler trying to get some matches put on at a club near Dunfermline but that's still probably going to be a bit of a trek for you

neither F4i or the UKPSA caters well for us up North.

Mark

Like the UKPSA, F4i relies on clubs willing to host matches at their ranges, the fact that no clubs from Scotland have come forward to do so would be the main reason, we would love to have some scotish clubs on board, I would like a good excuse to head up there.

F4i is a not for profit organisation & puts any money it collects back into the sport or to charity, unlike the UKPSA who have been obsessed with building up a war chest of cash for years, that they are only to happy to offer in brown envelopes as so called "incentives" when it suits them. :whistling:

N

Yeah you're pretty much knackered in Scotland for PSG, neither F4i or the UKPSA caters well for us up North. The closest club to you would be Galloway Small Arms Club at Crocketford near Dumfries. Theres a guy on here called Saddler trying to get some matches put on at a club near Dunfermline but that's still probably going to be a bit of a trek for you

You are right pity but true. I have been in touch with Saddler but it does not seem like an option. Like you say its a long way so visits would be limited to half a dozen a year or so. You never know something might come up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You are right pity but true. I have been in touch with Saddler but it does not seem like an option. Like you say its a long way so visits would be limited to half a dozen a year or so. You never know something might come up.

Basic PSG shoot this Sunday in Carlisle

Only need 80 birdshot for it

No more updates as yet re PSG in Fife, but will keep you posted on any changes

End of the month (31st May) there is a PSG shoot & a Target Shotgun Slug Shoot, at Crocketford

It's an all day event

Thanks again Saddler but I had a look on Google maps its a 700 mile round trip for me so I will past on this one. Slug shoot sounds a good one. Still interested in when Fife get started. Have a good day.

Its a S2 take down too. As I understand, (from talking to Mick Shepherd) the London proof house will not proof a take down gun as S2 without the take down being pinned (as they say its a detachable magazine), but the Birmingham proof house will accept the restricted mag as part of the barrel assembly and allow the take down facilty to be retained. The mag restricted on this one was Birmingham proofed.