can I buy semi automatic shotgun with my licence?

Awge

Alternately you could buy a Pump shotgun in the same 2+1 configuration. Don't worry about breaking the law, you wouldn't be able to buy what is called a Section 1 shotgun anyway without a firearms licence and with a slot for a section 1 shotgun on that licence. Anyone who sells you one of those with just a shotgun licence is in big trouble. :ninja:

anyone else find it worrying that you can have a sgc with no idea of the law?

Hardly. The law is complex and he doesn't know one aspect of it, I'm sure lot's don't. It reflects worse on the complex nature of UK gun law. If he had bought a semi-auto then asked the question it might be a bit worrying.

many moons ago when I asked for a certificate, the bobby quizzed me in depth about what I wanted, and what I wanted to shoot, he threw in a comment about shooting a non legal species, I knew enough to say it shouldnt be shot,

are we now giving sgc out with luckybags? yes I am that old I remember them.

many moons ago when I asked for a certificate, the bobby quizzed me in depth about what I wanted, and what I wanted to shoot, he threw in a comment about shooting a non legal species, I knew enough to say it shouldnt be shot,

are we now giving sgc out with luckybags? yes I am that old I remember them.

Stop being a nugget - I know for a fact you couldn't know every law relating to firearms and shooting so why should this guy? Something that may seem basic to you may not be to another person and visa-versa...

I have had firearms for a long time and had to ask a question today on an FAC pump/semi as there are various grey areas.

Don't be so hard on people!

Regards,

Gixer

Edited by gixer1

As above. I'd have thought an obvious place to look for help and advice would be a shooting forum with many members who are experienced and willing to help those new to our sport.

On the other hand, there is a risk that someone who is oh so superior in knowledge might use my naievity to put me down

As above. I'd have thought an obvious place to look for help and advice would be a shooting forum with many members who are experienced and willing to help those new to our sport.

On the other hand, there is a risk that someone who is oh so superior in knowledge might use my naievity to put me down

Yep.

As someone on here's signature reads: a wise man asks, a fool wonders....

Stop being a nugget - I know for a fact you couldn't know every law relating to firearms and shooting so why should this guy? Something that may seem basic to you may not be to another person and visa-versa...

I have had firearms for a long time and had to ask a question today on an FAC pump/semi as there are various grey areas.

Don't be so hard on people!

Regards,

Gixer

Agree.

Would rather he asked. Didn't need the put down did it. I bet u drive a car but can't quote the construction and use regulations quite as well as I can. Worrying as its very important to everyone who drives a car. How about malicious communications, really? Don't know it word perfect! Well that's worrying as you might say something online that's illegal.

Lets not all be pathetic about this.

Why do people have to be so negative when someone is only asking a question. Its like the young fella on the motoring forum asked about advise on the Jimny,all of a sudden he was told he was a hairdresser.

But to be fair, aren't Jimneys hairdressers cars ?

Ok, I'll get my coat.